Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to expect (Concerning CPO Select)

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What to expect (Concerning CPO Select)

Advertisements
    John just called me and told me to expect a call from his master chief tomorrow. He said he didn't know what it is about. We're both guessing it has to do with the initiation, pinning, etc. But, I'm not sure exactly what to expect. Like I know he will be busy the next few weeks. I know he has the pinning on Sept. 16 and we'll be there. I know his job responsibilities will change.

I just don't know what he could be callling me about that I don't already know. So, please anyone that has had this happen or knows what he could be calling me about please ease my mind. Oh, and I've never had a master chief call me before. My mind is racing right now.
  2. Senior Member
    They call to let you know what kinds of things to expect over the upcoming "season" and to give you contact information of people (or them) to call should you have any questions.

Master Chiefs are harmless... they were first classes once too, remember.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by wb3690; 01-06-2010 at 09:57 AM.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Congrats to your DH.... The MC probably just wants to check in with you and possibly to let you know about spouse events (if there are any planned)....

I'm a PM away if you have any questions...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking about that; making a thread for us selectee spouses. I'll do that if nobody else already has.

John said they're already messing with him so I wasn't sure what to expect from the phone call. We don't live together right now so I wasn't sure if it was something they were doing with me because of that or what.

Oh, and I heard something about a video. That there is a video recorded during initiation? I'm not sure if this is a regular thing but I know a guy who made it last year and they made a video and then played it at the khaki ball. Anyways, if this is a normal thing I want one. lol I'm going to ask the master chief tomorrow about it.

Thank You ladies.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    I was thinking about that; making a thread for us selectee spouses. I'll do that if nobody else already has.

John said they're already messing with him so I wasn't sure what to expect from the phone call. We don't live together right now so I wasn't sure if it was something they were doing with me because of that or what.

Oh, and I heard something about a video. That there is a video recorded during initiation? I'm not sure if this is a regular thing but I know a guy who made it last year and they made a video and then played it at the khaki ball. Anyways, if this is a normal thing I want one. lol I'm going to ask the master chief tomorrow about it.

Thank You ladies.
    the video thing was done at DH's command last year... It was played at the khaki ball so all of us got to see the selectees antics..

I'm not sure if it was distributed to the families, but when my DH went through it the spouses were provided with a CDR of pics from the entire season. It's turned out great for the scrapbook.

It's completely normal for them to start as soon as results are out...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by wb3690; 01-06-2010 at 09:56 AM.
  8. I'll live it for you...
    I'll live it for you...
    while we were at the commy today DH's CMC called and told DH that he needs to talk to me and will be doing so sometime this wkend. They have him calling all the chiefs and other selectec's. It seems pretty cool. Im super nervous for DH and myself.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    I know they do it on our base for our selectees. My husband has a copy of all videos and pictures taken during induction. At his first khaki ball he received a copy of the video they made....it was neat and still very fun to watch.

THAT is something else I suggest....take alot of pictures.....it's a wild ride, but well worth it!
    That is one thing I wish I was there for, to take pics. I'm picture crazy. We have thosuands just from this summer so far. I will be getting ahold of that video and any other pics I can though. LOL And it is on at the pinning. He might as well get used to the camera cause it will be glued on him. LOL
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    while we were at the commy today DH's CMC called and told DH that he needs to talk to me and will be doing so sometime this wkend. They have him calling all the chiefs and other selectec's. It seems pretty cool. Im super nervous for DH and myself.
    Me, too. I'm excited, anxious, nervous, all wrapped up in one. He is staying in the barracks since he is geo-baching right now. He was the RA but not anymore I guess. He told me they moved him to a barracks with just selectees. I'm not sure what that is about. If they are people that are all geo-baching and made it or all of the ones that made it. The guy that lived with us in IL. made it last year and he was able to keep living with us. He wasn't moved anywhere. hmmmmm Curious. His phone calls have been far and few between and very fast so info is limited. I didn't get much detail on that. I'm waiting for him to call me back so I can ask.

How are you guys taking it? Did you celebrate?
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast