Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SERE and flight engineer

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

SERE and flight engineer

Advertisements
    Can anyone give me info on these please. DH is trying to crosstrain at the moment. Well when he got his package in, because the guy stuffed up and didn't get it to the commander properly, he just missed out on the last round and the list for the next round is supposed to come out anytime before 31st Aug (so he has been told). Origionaly his application was for Flight Engineer, but he has been talking to a few people that are going through the process at the moment for SERE. He is EE at the moment, so any info on either of these fields so I can better understand them would be great.
    TIA
    Last edited by SandyKay; 07-27-2009 at 10:12 AM.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by wb3690; 01-06-2010 at 09:55 AM.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Ugh, crosstraining gets messed up so often. I am sorry they screwed around with it for your DH!

DH's friend originally entered the AF as flight engineer and DH put it on his crosstrain package also. I know the physical requirements for flight status are really strict. His friend got knocked out of flight engineer training because he couldn't pop his ears on command and DH had to go in for a flight physical just to submit the package.

Our neighbor across the street has a package in for SERE instructor. He said he had to do a difficult physical test--a timed swim and run--that he trained pretty hard for.

That's all I know, not much, but I wanted to wish you guys luck with the process.
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Thanks
    DH has already passed the medical stuff, he did the intire package and everything, submitted it (for flight enigineer), but then his commander didn't get it cause of a clerical stuff up. So he resubmitted it and his commander approved it and wrote that he doesn't see any reason why DH shouldn't be approved for crosstrain (except the fact that he wants to keep him here), but by that time, it was too late. So he has his package and everything ready to go once the next list is released (we started all this a year ago, the medical and deployment held us up). But now my indecisive DH is reconcidering his choice (cause that's what he does)

5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

My dh was an FE until four years ago... he LOVED his job! Shannon Marie's dh recently crossed trained into the FE career field. My dh was an FE on C-130's (slicks) and I think SM's dh is on AWACS. Sorry, can't help you much with the SERE stuff... I would suggest that maybe your dh call up to Fairchild AFB and talk to one of the instructors at the school there. There should also be a few SERE instructors at your base as well, they'd probably be more than happy to talk to him. Good luck to the both of you!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.