Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: interservice transfer - navy to army

1. Senior Member
    Me - Bronx NY, WA DH: USS Abraham Lincoln

interservice transfer - navy to army

Advertisements
    Does anyone know info on going from navy to army. my dh is thinking about it alot. will he have to go to basic again? will he go up or down in rank? Is there a bonus?
    Last edited by rboyd; 07-19-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    CHRISTOPHER JAYDEN born October 10, 2008 5lbs 7 oz
    & Yes he was early. 33 weeks and 5 days
    NICU Survivor
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd View Post
    Does anyone know info on going from navy to army. my dh is thinking about it alot. will he have to go to basic again? will he go up or down in rank? Is there a bonus?
    The chances are that he has to go down in rank are slim but it depends on if he can get into the same career field in the army that he is in the navy. He will not have to go to a full army boot camp but more of a warrior transition type that teaches him what he needs to know to adapt to the army.

The bonus is dependent on whether or nor they are offering it for his career field.

The great thing about the interservice transition is that he doesn't have to wait till his EAOS due to his CO being able to authorize the move.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    The chances are that he has to go down in rank are slim but it depends on if he can get into the same career field in the army that he is in the navy. He will not have to go to a full army boot camp but more of a warrior transition type that teaches him what he needs to know to adapt to the army.

The bonus is dependent on whether or nor they are offering it for his career field.

The great thing about the interservice transition is that he doesn't have to wait till his EAOS due to his CO being able to authorize the move.
    Everything he just said.

My hubby switched about 4 years ago, he kept his same rank.