Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided to join the Navy and need HELP!!!!!

1. Life is what you make it!
    Life is what you make it!

Decided to join the Navy and need HELP!!!!!

Advertisements
    Alrighty so after much consideration I decided to join the navy and to go after the nuke program. I contacted a recruiter took the asvab and scored a 82, then went on to take the nuke test and passed. You would think great right? WRONG!

Ever since I walked into the recruiter office in VA Beach I have had NOTHING but friction & problems. First the recruiter got me to the 1st test for the asvab late so I had to come back at a diff time. After requesting I meet him at his office 1.5hrs BEFORE the test started. So how the hell he got me there late I have NO IDEA. Second i scheduled the nuke test with the nuke recruiter at 10am per his request and he FORGOT and didnt even show up til noon!!! All the while my recruiter is MIA......

So then there is the medical issue. Mind you I started this process in MAY!!!!! He knew from the start that I had surgery in FEB. I call him and get no answer. I leave him messages, I get no answer. He asked me to bring him paperwork and then doesnt need anything from me when I get there.... Just issue after issue after issue. I get my docs to write up something saying im a clean bill of health for the recruiter whom requested it for the med read and guess who is MIA again!!!! So i gave up on him and go to a Norfolk recruiter...... u would think ok diff office maybe betta results.

NO!!!!!! I talked to the RIC there and she was VERY helpful and so forth. Put the med read in that day and hooked me up with one of her recruiters. Of course as luck would have it she has a death in the family. Im still thinking no biggie I am in good hands here. NOPE. The recruiter she set me up with is like well i can't get the med read results bc Chief isnt here.... WTF?!?!???!?!? U mean to tell me EVERYTHING is on hold cuz she isnt around!!??!??! After a few days of that shit I just showed up at the office 2day. And what do u know some1 else can pull it up..... SMH. and they have had it since the 8th!!!!! It states that I have to wait 6mos b4 I can go any further. Cool but it wouldve been nice to know that 2MOS AGO!!!! So i asked the guy so what do we do now? Like I know there are other things I can get in order til then since, like any other paperwork and stuff. Not to mention I know i need my transcripts and some other stuff..... This dude tells me well we dont keep anything on u on file so just come back then. HUH?!?!?!?!??!? Are u serious?!?!??!?!

Bottom line I am freaking frustrated. I just wish I could talk to a recruiter who isn't trying to skate by and I am actually worth something. You would think since not only do I qualify for nuke but I am willing to go after it that they would work with me. Like I want to leave ASAP. Meaning as soon as they can process me in. But can't do anything if im not given the right tools and resources to do it. The last thing I want is for Aug 17th to roll around and there is yet another hurdle to beat that I could be working on now.

Anyone know someone?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Welcome to the NAVY

Just take a deep breathe and be patient. Things are sometimes done by one person, they are all tied together and sometimes only one person can be responsible for certain things. If you really want this stick with it and see it through. Welcome to the military, modo is "hurry up and wait!"
  3. Life is what you make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady T View Post
    Welcome to the NAVY

Just take a deep breathe and be patient. Things are sometimes done by one person, they are all tied together and sometimes only one person can be responsible for certain things. If you really want this stick with it and see it through. Welcome to the military, modo is "hurry up and wait!"
    Thanks! I understand what you are saying, however, this isn't the case here. Only time I get any answers is when I pound folks for it. Other than that I get NO RESPONSE or help. I am doing everything I can but I am nonetheless not in yet so I dont know a lot of things. I know technically I am still a Navy wife and still have access to the base and stuff, but from what I've been told thus far is that recruiting is a WHOLE new thing. So I need a recruiter to know the stuff I am requesting. I just wish I knew why I am being given such a hard time.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm sorry. I know they are not in a huge rush anymore to hit quotas, being overmanned and all so just be persistant and dont give up.

Do what you have to. good luck!.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms347 View Post
    Alrighty so after much consideration I decided to join the navy and to go after the nuke program. I contacted a recruiter took the asvab and scored a 82, then went on to take the nuke test and passed. You would think great right? WRONG!

Ever since I walked into the recruiter office in VA Beach I have had NOTHING but friction & problems. First the recruiter got me to the 1st test for the asvab late so I had to come back at a diff time. After requesting I meet him at his office 1.5hrs BEFORE the test started. So how the hell he got me there late I have NO IDEA. Second i scheduled the nuke test with the nuke recruiter at 10am per his request and he FORGOT and didnt even show up til noon!!! All the while my recruiter is MIA......

So then there is the medical issue. Mind you I started this process in MAY!!!!! He knew from the start that I had surgery in FEB. I call him and get no answer. I leave him messages, I get no answer. He asked me to bring him paperwork and then doesnt need anything from me when I get there.... Just issue after issue after issue. I get my docs to write up something saying im a clean bill of health for the recruiter whom requested it for the med read and guess who is MIA again!!!! So i gave up on him and go to a Norfolk recruiter...... u would think ok diff office maybe betta results.

NO!!!!!! I talked to the RIC there and she was VERY helpful and so forth. Put the med read in that day and hooked me up with one of her recruiters. Of course as luck would have it she has a death in the family. Im still thinking no biggie I am in good hands here. NOPE. The recruiter she set me up with is like well i can't get the med read results bc Chief isnt here.... WTF?!?!???!?!? U mean to tell me EVERYTHING is on hold cuz she isnt around!!??!??! After a few days of that **** I just showed up at the office 2day. And what do u know some1 else can pull it up..... SMH. and they have had it since the 8th!!!!! It states that I have to wait 6mos b4 I can go any further. Cool but it wouldve been nice to know that 2MOS AGO!!!! So i asked the guy so what do we do now? Like I know there are other things I can get in order til then since, like any other paperwork and stuff. Not to mention I know i need my transcripts and some other stuff..... This dude tells me well we dont keep anything on u on file so just come back then. HUH?!?!?!?!??!? Are u serious?!?!??!?!

Bottom line I am freaking frustrated. I just wish I could talk to a recruiter who isn't trying to skate by and I am actually worth something. You would think since not only do I qualify for nuke but I am willing to go after it that they would work with me. Like I want to leave ASAP. Meaning as soon as they can process me in. But can't do anything if im not given the right tools and resources to do it. The last thing I want is for Aug 17th to roll around and there is yet another hurdle to beat that I could be working on now.

Anyone know someone?

Yep... you just gotta wait. EVERYONE is trying to get into the Navy (military in general really). Since there are only a few rates open right now, there's a lot of competition, so I'm not really that suprised that they aren't bending over backwards to get you in. Especially if you have to wait anyway.
  6. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    Ok they do sound like they are dropping the ball a lot...NUkes are hard to come by so I'm sure there is interest but since they can't do anything for 6 months they may only "keep in touch for now" seeing as you already took the test there isn't much else to do until they can properly process you.....get your transcipts together now so you're not chasing them down later....keep in shape and stay out of trouble....that's the best you can do....My dh is a recruiter so if you have any other further ?'s I could ask him for you just PM me...Good luck!
  7. Life is what you make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    Yep... you just gotta wait. EVERYONE is trying to get into the Navy (military in general really). Since there are only a few rates open right now, there's a lot of competition, so I'm not really that suprised that they aren't bending over backwards to get you in. Especially if you have to wait anyway.
    Im not looking for someone to bend over backwards. I know there are a lot of folks trying to get in now. But I mean is it so hard to return a phone call?!????!?!? What happened to not being a **** about it? I would understand if I wasn't doing my part, but Im there. Im qualified. What's the issue? Yes I have to wait 4weeks. But thats a lot of time to get to make sure everything else is covered. Am I wrong for thinking that? Ive never been the sit around & wait for some1 to hand it to me kind of person. But if they are at this point I wont get in til next yr.

I would understand if that is the only thing I need. But I know im suppose to fill out some other paperwork and gather some mo stuff. But exactly what I dont know. I just wish they would tell me.
  8. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I'm just surprised they don't start your kit so it's ready when you can join....but I just know how my dh works so that's just me
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms347 View Post
    Im not looking for someone to bend over backwards. I know there are a lot of folks trying to get in now. But I mean is it so hard to return a phone call?!????!?!? What happened to not being a **** about it? I would understand if I wasn't doing my part, but Im there. Im qualified. What's the issue? Yes I have to wait 4weeks. But thats a lot of time to get to make sure everything else is covered. Am I wrong for thinking that? Ive never been the sit around & wait for some1 to hand it to me kind of person. But if they are at this point I wont get in til next yr.

I would understand if that is the only thing I need. But I know im suppose to fill out some other paperwork and gather some mo stuff. But exactly what I dont know. I just wish they would tell me.
    I understand what you're saying. I didn't mean to sound as flippant as I think it may have come across. I'm just saying that with 100 people applying for the same 3 jobs I kind of understand how or why it would happen. All you can do is keep being persistent with them.

ETA the numbers are just random ones to make my point
  10. Life is what you make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I'm just surprised they don't start your kit so it's ready when you can join....but I just know how my dh works so that's just me
    That's EXACTLY what I thought!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast