Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Explosive Ordinance Disposal

1. in love since 10.24.07
    in love since 10.24.07

Explosive Ordinance Disposal

Advertisements
    I was curious if anyone's SO's had this job???
  2. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    I think there are one or two girls that their DH's actually are but I know there are a bunch of us that our DH's are going through the school right now.
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. in love since 10.24.07
    in love since 10.24.07
    I was just curious..because my SO is thinking about doing it and I just was curious about, and how y'all felt about it.
  4. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Ahh well the school is incredibly difficult. I couldnt tell you the graduation percent but its not very high. Dh was infantry before going to school. I guess it depends on the person but I would perfer for my husband to know what he is rolling up on, have the knoledge to disarm it instead of being the ones to roll up on it without the information. Yes my opinion might change when it comes to deployment time but right now its nice to have him state side for a year and learning something that he could potentially use in the "real world" as a career.
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casadorra View Post
    I think there are one or two girls that their DH's actually are but I know there are a bunch of us that our DH's are going through the school right now.
    True dat My DH is in school right now.

It can be a dangerous job but I feel better knowing he will have had the best training in the world. It's what he wants to do so it makes me happy to know he's following his dream.

The school is very, very demanding. They just can't slip up or slack off at all. Right now you have got to have an 85% average on the tests just for insurance--if you fail a course block, the instructors will hardly even consider giving you a chance to retake it unless your average before had been 85% or higher. I think that is the hardest part for me as a spouse...if something happens and he fails a course block, then we have to pack up and PCS again, whether it happens tomorrow or 5 months from now. It makes for a lot of pressure on them and on the families IMO. I have a hard time with the uncertainty right now--not because I don't believe in my DH's intelligence and abilities, but because the simple fact is the majority that come through the door leave without graduating.