Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Promotions In the Army is confusing!!

1. Senior Member

Help Promotions In the Army is confusing!!

Advertisements
    Ok, Coast Guard Advancement and Army Promotion is WAY WAY different.. and honestly DH is trying to explain it all to me.. but i don't get it.. its making me ....
    Can someone possible explain the whole process and how it works, and why DH now has to wait until his points (??) to drop so he can be promoted???

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Every month the list for how many promotion points are needed comes out. In order to get promoted you must have at least that many points but when they need a SGT/SSG in that particular MOS they lower the points so that however many they need will be at or above that number. The points are made up of PT scores, rifle qualification, education(both military and civilian), awards and the board. I hope that made sense.
  3. Can't sleep!
    Can't sleep!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ski View Post
    Every month the list for how many promotion points are needed comes out. In order to get promoted you must have at least that many points but when they need a SGT/SSG in that particular MOS they lower the points so that however many they need will be at or above that number. The points are made up of PT scores, rifle qualification, education(both military and civilian), awards and the board. I hope that made sense.
    He's probably waiting because his points aren't high enough. I know in my DH mos the points dropped to the mid 750 (primary)-760 (secondary, kind of like fast track) zones. It has been 798 for months now. The highest points you can receive I believe (correct me if I am wrong) is 800 points for Army points.
    There is nothing sadder than a closed minded person. They miss so much out of life.