Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does this work enlisted to officer

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Question How does this work enlisted to officer

Advertisements
    The story is that my husband is in Japan and ill be moving there soon, anyway he is doing a three years over there and it is special duty i think he called it, he is in air evacuations.

If he wanted to go into the reserve half way through his time would it be possible? WOuld they move us back to the states or how would that work?

He plans on commissioning into an officer can that happen while were in japan or would that have to wait? Will we be brought back?

Sorry for all the questions
    *Fly Free*
  2. Banned
    Banned
    My guess would be a no, as AD would be the conditions of his being there.
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Do you happen to know how special duties work?
    *Fly Free*
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I have a good idea, but it's a little different from us. But my guess is he is locked in via contract correct? No matter the military its generally a pain in the ass to change one's contract in any manner other than extending. My guess would also be he is posted as AD so, obviously him dropping down to reserves would be an issue. My guess is they would make him finish his orders in Japan, before he makes any major career changes, but I couldn't tell you 100%
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    There is also the fact that my son has an IEP, needs a surgery and see's a psychologist (he's been a sick baby and has sever anger issues, and the IEP is for a speech and developmental delay) so maybe he wont get clearance to go over seas. If worst comes to worst and he doesn't would they would change his post or make it an unaccompanied tour?

Your best guess, cuz i am lost and no one seems to be able to help me.
    *Fly Free*
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Even if they clear him for you to go, doesn't mean you have to. KWIM, could mean that it is solo orders to begin with, never know, or do you already have them?
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Me and my daughter are on his orders so it is accompanied, we waited to get my son on his orders because he needed a surgeries.
    *Fly Free*
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I do know that if he's AD, he would have to attend a commissioning school in the states.
    Valerie

"They do not love, that do not show their love." William Shakespeare
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geotech View Post
    Even if they clear him for you to go, doesn't mean you have to. KWIM, could mean that it is solo orders to begin with, never know, or do you already have them?
    i agree....if he's EFMP they can deny orders to you guys and he can do his unaccompanied. We had that happen five years ago when DH was up for orders to Cuba.
  10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree AF Wifey View Post
    The story is that my husband is in Japan and ill be moving there soon, anyway he is doing a three years over there and it is special duty i think he called it, he is in air evacuations.

If he wanted to go into the reserve half way through his time would it be possible? WOuld they move us back to the states or how would that work?

He plans on commissioning into an officer can that happen while were in japan or would that have to wait? Will we be brought back?

Sorry for all the questions
    I asked my husband about the officer commissioning as he is attempting to go that route and he told me that he will not be able to apply for any commissioning programs while he is in Japan until he is about to be done with those orders and is about to PCS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast