Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I screwed up bad yesterday..

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I screwed up bad yesterday..

Advertisements
    So I apparently dont understand alot about the promotion system because yesterday I ran into one of DHs SGTs and he said my DH needed to get something in so that he can get on the promotion list...

Well I thought that meant he was getting promoted...

So I told him he was getting promoted...he was SO Happy, and I was equally as happy!!

and then he found out what his SGT said and he got really really pissed off at me, because he told a whole bunch of people he was getting promoted, and apparently he isnt

And now I feel stupid and horrible because I know he is looking forward to getting promoted and he had been working his a** off to get promoted.

Score one for the civilian wife.

2. Senior Member
    mistakes happen

next time just ask questions.....So SGT so-in-so does that mean he's getting promoted, or is it another step in that direction?
  3. Senior Member
    Dont beat yourself up, you didnt know. I probably would have thought the same thing
  4. Senior Member
    seriously, unless a wife is also military, we're ALL civilians, and are potentially to make equally clueless mistakes don't beat yourself up. you misunderstood what he was saying. and your dh really shouldn't have told anyone until he knew for certain. so really, his embarrassment is his own fault
  5. Senior Member
    Dont beat yourself up mistakes happen. I would think that your DH would know that he would not find out he was getting promoted through his wife who happened to bump into his SGT.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, thats what I thought, but I still feel horrible because he was really excited

7. Banned
    Banned
    wow..you must be really close to his SGT. Scott's getting promoted soon and they haven't said bupkiss to me about it and i see them all the time. your dh is military: he should know better to ask the source directly. Even sgt's get their info wrong.I tell Dh all the time: do not trust PNN (private's news network)
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cassie* View Post
    wow..you must be really close to his SGT. Scott's getting promoted soon and they haven't said bupkiss to me about it and i see them all the time. your dh is military: he should know better to ask the source directly. Even sgt's get their info wrong.I tell Dh all the time: do not trust PNN (private's news network)
    Yeah, I'm close to most of his command because I'm the FRG leader for his unit. But I still get things wrong all the time.