Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: what is BNCOC?

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

what is BNCOC?

Advertisements
    Has anyone heard of BNCOC? My BFF is talking to this guy online who said he is in BNCOC and he is the class leader and acting 1SG. She is very sceptical when is comes to men as she has been hurt many times in the past, so she asked if I could try and get some info as to weither what he is saying is the truth. DH and I have never heard of BNCOC so that's why I am asking here.

2. Senior Member
    I have never heard of that one.

BNCOC (B N non C commisoned O officer C )
  3. Senior Member
    Here is what I could find:

Combat arms (CA) /combat support (CS) /combat service support (CSS) BNCOC is conducted at proponent service schools. Successful completion of BNCOC is a prerequisite to be considered for promotion to sergeant first class. Effective 1 October 1992, BNCOC became a prerequisite for promotion to SSG. There are 157 skill level two and skill level three courses on line. Training lengths vary from two to nineteen weeks with an average of nine weeks. A one week common core, designed by the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, supplements leadership training received at PLDC. BNCOC is centrally funded by the Department of the Army. Priority for BNCOC attendance is SSG by date of rank, SGT(P) by promotion points, and SGT (MOSs 54B and 88H only). All soldiers attending BNCOC are scheduled via an automated system called the BNCOC Automated Reservation System (BARS). The system provides PERSCOM with an order of merit listing of soldiers eligible to attend BNCOC. The order of merit listing is based on criteria established by ODCSPER and ODCSOPS. The report enables PERSCOM to identify the "best qualified" soldiers for training and nominates them to their commander for verification that the soldier is qualified to attend BNCOC. Commanders have the option of canceling the PERSCOM nomination if the soldier is unqualified. If the commander cancels the nomination, PERSCOM will then select a replacement from the Army wide order of merit list.

The next leadership course is the Basic Non-Commissioned Officer Course (BNCOC). This course is designed to train non-commissioned officers to lead and train soldiers in combat. This course varies in length according to the different military occupational specialty. Soldiers selected for promotion to E-6 have first priority. Also, those soldiers who already hold the rank of E-6 have first priority as well. The last professional development leadership course is the Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course (ANCOC).
  4. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Basic Non-Commissioned Officer Course

Army term for course they have to take once they become a NCO

Ancoc
    Bncoc

Not sure if its actually on in the Army but they are NCO courses.
    Last edited by MomWifeMe; 06-17-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added more info
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Basic Non Commissioned Officer Course. DH did that last summer and was class leader, acting 1SGT in his class like this guy your BFF is talking to. So it is totally legit , well at least the story, I don't know the guy so . . . .
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Its for Army guys who are E6 or Promotable E6 2 phases.

You have to go to this school. Its on several bases in the US. I know here at Fort Benning is one.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Thanks girls

8. Senior Member
    DH just finished BNOC. He had all E6's in his class and they were all in the same MOS. It's basically just another school they need in order to be promoted further. DH said the class (for him) was basically training them as squad leaders which was a waste of time for him. He was already a squad leader for a couple of years and is now a platoon sergeant but it's a hoop to go through.
    I know there was "role playing" while they were out in the one field mission they did so your friend's guy could be telling the truth.