Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Forces?

1. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries

Confused Special Forces?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if this is in the right spot but my husband talked to a special forces recruiter yesterday. I knew it would be coming soon since he has been talking about joining for a while.

He has a while before he can go through selections. He has to go airborne or air assault before he can even think about selections. He only needs 2 more jumps to be considered airborne but will he have to go through airborne school? He really wants to go Air Assault so what does that entail?

Also if your SO is SF how is your relationship(if you don't mind me asking) My husband and I are currently in marriage counseling so I don't want his job to ruin our marriage. I have heard SF is not the way to go if you want to start a family. Is that true? We really want to start a family in the next year or so. I have 2 friend's whose husbands are going through selections and one is having problems and one marriage is fine.

So I guess I am asking for any and all info on SF and the process and the after. Thank you in advance!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hey,

Tons of SF threads on here I would look around(you should find everything you need to know)

My husband is actually in Air Assault right now. A little less then two weeks long(his graduation is the 10th). First day is all in process today is PT test 2 miles run and some obstacle course... other wise it pretty straight forward and easy from I have had other wives tell me. We are here in Benning so my husband is able to come home every night.

Good Luck!
  3. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    thank you so much
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendaughtsgtwife View Post
    Well My brother and cuz are both in SF my brother is in Army and was/is 82nd air born and was a drill inst at Ft Benning and My cuz is in Germany sembach in SF with there airborne hes been in for 6 year and it has plus and minuses like some times you can no were they are and how long gone others u don't even get to say good bye... its tuff but being from military family and now married to the ARMY i see now how diff things look and feelings about missions are total diff.. But have lots of advice in this area.. good luck if you need anything let me no!!
    Not all of your information is exactly accurate. The 82nd is not Special Forces. So, if your brother is 82nd, he is not a Special Forces soldier. Drill instructors are not Special Forces either. The SF community has their own instructors and cadre. Special Forces training does not take place at Ft. Benning either. Most of the groups do their training at their own posts, deployment locations, and at the JFK Warfare Center and School at Ft. Bragg.

All Special Forces units are Airborne. So, saying that your "cuz"(I'm assuming this means cousin) is with "their airborne" is sort of redundant. Anyone who is wearing a Special Forces tab is Airborne.

Also, within the SF community, soldiers do not deploy without being able to at least make their families aware that they are leaving. While the soldiers may deploy on short notice, just disappearing without telling their families is not something that happens. They may not be able to tell how long they will be gone, or where they are going, but deploying soldiers without making at the very least their immediate families aware, would cause chaos on the posts with wives calling the chain of command freaking out because their husbands disappeared.

http://www.campbell.army.mil/sf/Story.htm

I've posted this link before, but figured I would post it again. It was sent to me and was very informative.

OP, if you have any questions shoot me a PM. I will do my best to answer them, and if I can't, I will ask someone who can get the correct information for you.
  5. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    im right there with you with all the questions, DB's on his way to the SEALs...
  7. Senior Member
    ok i just caught this sorry i should have been much more clear!!! he WAS 82nd airborne and went to SF I'm so sorry i forget on this site you need to make your self very clear that's why i said to PM me look I have worked for DOD and no a lot and not just a typical military wife people like you make me start to dislike this site... but i guess its how people go about trying to make corrections!!! gotta love the no it alls!!

to the original poster i am very sorry if i miss lead you guess i just learned to not bother helping... some people are right way to much DRAMA!!!
    It's not drama, it's that your information is not correct. Plus, your grammar and punctuation make it even harder to figure out what in the world you are trying to say. If you worked for the DOD, wouldn't you be able to get your point across clearly while typing? Dislike the site for me correcting your errors all you want, I am not going to apologize for trying to get the correct information out there. Too many people think they know quite a bit, but actually don't, and continue to pass on incorrect information.

It's almost impossible to understand what you are trying to say, and even so, your information is still incorrect. The Special Forces location in Germany is different from where you stated your family member is stationed too. A quick Google check would show that information right away, even if someone didn't know where that battalion was actually located.

It's very clear that you do not know as much about Special Forces life as you are indicating. You can keep trying to act like you are the person to go to for information concerning different areas of the Army because of numerous members of your family being or having been in the Army, but from the information you are trying to pass off as correct, it's very clear you don't know that much at all.

I really don't mind at all that you dislike me, or think I am trying to create drama. I DO mind that you are passing on incorrect information to people like it is the truth, when they should be given the correct information concerning their questions. All you're doing is making it harder for people to get the information they are seeking, which is not cool at all.
    Banned
    WOW can you say issues!!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    WOW can you say issues!!!!!
    Really?! I'm the one with issues? Thank you for reiterating my stance on your validity as someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to Special Forces life.

By the way, www.dictionary.com would probably be a helpful addition to your bookmarks folder.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    It's not drama, it's that your information is not correct. Plus, your grammar and punctuation make it even harder to figure out what in the world you are trying to say. If you worked for the DOD, wouldn't you be able to get your point across clearly while typing? Dislike the site for me correcting your errors all you want, I am not going to apologize for trying to get the correct information out there. Too many people think they know quite a bit, but actually don't, and continue to pass on incorrect information.

It's almost impossible to understand what you are trying to say, and even so, your information is still incorrect. The Special Forces location in Germany is different from where you stated your family member is stationed too. A quick Google check would show that information right away, even if someone didn't know where that battalion was actually located.

It's very clear that you do not know as much about Special Forces life as you are indicating. You can keep trying to act like you are the person to go to for information concerning different areas of the Army because of numerous members of your family being or having been in the Army, but from the information you are trying to pass off as correct, it's very clear you don't know that much at all.

I really don't mind at all that you dislike me, or think I am trying to create drama. I DO mind that you are passing on incorrect information to people like it is the truth, when they should be given the correct information concerning their questions. All you're doing is making it harder for people to get the information they are seeking, which is not cool at all.

I agree with Jen here your answer was very confusing to say the least.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast