Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger School??

1. Senior Member

Ranger School??

Advertisements
    Im not sure if this is in the right area, so if its not can someone please move it ? thank you

My friend Sean is in the army. and he told me last night that hes going to ranger school in July or August. im looking for ANY information on ranger school that i can get. i googled some but id love some real-life personal experiences with it. I write him and send him stuff now, since hes just living on base & working (he just got back from 15months in afghan in April) and im not sure if im allowed to still send him stuff while hes in ranger school.

so any info you ladies might have would be fantastic! thanks!!
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

2. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ranger School Sucks. Period.

DF's about to go. Apparently you don't talk to them for LONG periods of time. BUt, you can write letters In theory it's supposed to only be about 3 months long but most guys get "reclycled" and have to start all over again. Obviously making it longer than a 3 month school.
  3. I have many leather bound books
    I have many leather bound books
    DB went to Ranger School, but I did not know him then. I don't think you get to have much communication from what it sounded like when he was telling me about the school.

The Best Homecoming I ever had
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNK View Post
    Ranger School Sucks. Period.

DF's about to go. Apparently you don't talk to them for LONG periods of time. BUt, you can write letters In theory it's supposed to only be about 3 months long but most guys get "reclycled" and have to start all over again. Obviously making it longer than a 3 month school.
    oh awesome. that your DF (DH soon right??) wont get "recycled" at all and good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni14 View Post
    DB went to Ranger School, but I did not know him then. I don't think you get to have much communication from what it sounded like when he was telling me about the school.
    thats what i heard. hopefully the letters wont get him into trouble...
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Tons of threads on this topic under here. They should be helpful to you. Good Luck!
  6. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Tons of threads on this topic under here. They should be helpful to you. Good Luck!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My baby is getting ready to head to Ranger School next week. so i'm right there with you. PM if you need anything! we can sympathise together!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    oopss... double post, sorry!
  9. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    DH is at Ranger School as we speak (or type, I guess )

You can still write letters, he just won't get them until he gets back from each phase. He can't call anyone while he's out on a phase so communication is limited to once every three weeks, if they're lucky. They don't always get time off inbetween phases. Actual Ranger School is 61 days long but they must go through pre-ranger as well, which is about a month long. They get the weekends off during pre-ranger though. Which brings the total to 3 months. Recycles happen when a guy doesn't pass a phase and he must re-do it. Making it 4 months long. If he fails the same phase twice, he will be sent home. He can fail each phase once, none twice, but if he fails 2 different phases he must re-start ranger school all over again, including the phase he already passed. Now, this is all what my husband has told me so he may be wrong on a few details since he tends to jump conversations if he THINKS he knows what someone is going to say. I've found that these videos were really helpful for me to understand what exactly it is they do in ranger school http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzg3_...x=0&playnext=1

Feel free to PM me with any questions or just to talk about it. I'm more than willing to share my experiences with you, as I'm going through them
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokitkat View Post
    DH is at Ranger School as we speak (or type, I guess )

You can still write letters, he just won't get them until he gets back from each phase. He can't call anyone while he's out on a phase so communication is limited to once every three weeks, if they're lucky. They don't always get time off inbetween phases. Actual Ranger School is 61 days long but they must go through pre-ranger as well, which is about a month long. They get the weekends off during pre-ranger though. Which brings the total to 3 months. Recycles happen when a guy doesn't pass a phase and he must re-do it. Making it 4 months long. If he fails the same phase twice, he will be sent home. He can fail each phase once, none twice, but if he fails 2 different phases he must re-start ranger school all over again, including the phase he already passed. Now, this is all what my husband has told me so he may be wrong on a few details since he tends to jump conversations if he THINKS he knows what someone is going to say. I've found that these videos were really helpful for me to understand what exactly it is they do in ranger school http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzg3_...x=0&playnext=1

Feel free to PM me with any questions or just to talk about it. I'm more than willing to share my experiences with you, as I'm going through them
    I used to watch the youtube videos bolded above allllll the time last summer when DB was in Ranger School! They go day by day (to an extent) and I would try to track what DB was doing on a given day by watching the video... I'm such a nerd but it made me feel better to have an idea what was going on!

Oh, and I loooooved the letters--I have all of them still saved in a shoebox under my bed
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast