Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger School??

1. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ad0v3rh33ls View Post
    Im gonna try to write him at least once or twice a week i think

i was planning on going down to his Graduation with his mom & brothers to surprise him. but he said something randomly the other day about how he doesnt want anyone to come to grad, and he wishes his parents would just stay home and wait for him since he will be getting 3 weeks leave once hes done. so i guess thats out of the picture now. since i dont want to make him mad or anything.
    I'm going to start writing DH more too

A lot of guys say they don't want anyone to come to graduation but I'm thinking by the end of school, he'll want his family to be there and you. It's a big deal. Pinning the ranger tab on his uniform will only happen once in his life, does he really want one of his instructors to do it? Or one of his loved ones? Ranger School graduation is a big hooplah, they put on this kind of demonstration of everything they've learned. I'm definitely going to my husband's because 1. it's the last graduation he'll have and I didn't get to go to any of the others 2. He really wants me to pin his tab on 3. He wants his family to celebrate his accomplishment with him. I really hope he changes his mind, it really is a once in a life-time thing
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradokitkat View Post

A lot of guys say they don't want anyone to come to graduation but I'm thinking by the end of school, he'll want his family to be there and you. It's a big deal. Pinning the ranger tab on his uniform will only happen once in his life, does he really want one of his instructors to do it? Or one of his loved ones? Ranger School graduation is a big hooplah, they put on this kind of demonstration of everything they've learned. I'm definitely going to my husband's because 1. it's the last graduation he'll have and I didn't get to go to any of the others 2. He really wants me to pin his tab on 3. He wants his family to celebrate his accomplishment with him. I really hope he changes his mind, it really is a once in a life-time thing
    thanks

i really hope so too. he keeps downplaying how big getting through ranger school is. he keeps saying "all it does is prove that i can go without food and sleep" and i keep telling him that it IS a big deal. its a huge accomplishment. he just doesnt want to see it. Ill probably talk to his mom & see what her plan is and i might just go. hopefully he wont be mad. but i missed homecoming & i barely got to see him on his R&R and both leaves, so i feel like being there would be a big deal
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Yes, I would go. You will pin the tab on.

He will also have a couple days off right b4 graduation(so many hours a day). So If you don't work you could go down a little early and hang out with him too.

Did you get the number I sent you? Hope that helped
  4. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ad0v3rh33ls View Post
    thanks

i really hope so too. he keeps downplaying how big getting through ranger school is. he keeps saying "all it does is prove that i can go without food and sleep" and i keep telling him that it IS a big deal. its a huge accomplishment. he just doesnt want to see it. Ill probably talk to his mom & see what her plan is and i might just go. hopefully he wont be mad. but i missed homecoming & i barely got to see him on his R&R and both leaves, so i feel like being there would be a big deal
    He's a modest guy, that's a GOOD thing. Really it is. I've seen WAY too many guys leave for ranger school really laid back and cool and come back and just think they are the shit. Yeah, getting through ranger school means you have more training, but it doesn't give you the right to assume you're better than someone else in EVERY aspect.

Anyways, it's good he's modest. But I say you and his family just go. He may *think* he doesn't want you there, but on graduation day he'll see all of his buddies with their families and he'll wish you guys had come. It's better to suprise him and be there, trust me. He seriously can't be mad at you for coming to see him. If his first thought is "I'm so mad" when he first sees you....not good, red flag. He'll be nothing but smiles on grad day if you're there
  5. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Yes, I would go. You will pin the tab on.

He will also have a couple days off right b4 graduation(so many hours a day). So If you don't work you could go down a little early and hang out with him too.

Did you get the number I sent you? Hope that helped
    Oh yeah I am definitely going. I'm just hoping that headoverheels's DB changes his mind and wants her and his family there.

I'm thinking about it. If we have the money, I'm going to drive down a few days early and get a hotel room. How many hours a day do they get off, do you know?

Yeah I got the number but I already took the package to the post office this morning I just sent it straight to the post office on base with over-night express. That way when he gets let go, he can call me and I'll just tell him that he has a package waiting for him at the post office. It's the only thing I could think of. I NEEDED to get it out this morning to make sure it got there by tomorrow. Do you think that will work? Thank you for PMing me back though! I'll definitely be keeping that number saved in my inbox
  6. Senior Member
    He's a modest guy, that's a GOOD thing. Really it is. I've seen WAY too many guys leave for ranger school really laid back and cool and come back and just think they are the shit. Yeah, getting through ranger school means you have more training, but it doesn't give you the right to assume you're better than someone else in EVERY aspect.

Anyways, it's good he's modest. But I say you and his family just go. He may *think* he doesn't want you there, but on graduation day he'll see all of his buddies with their families and he'll wish you guys had come. It's better to suprise him and be there, trust me. He seriously can't be mad at you for coming to see him. If his first thought is "I'm so mad" when he first sees you....not good, red flag. He'll be nothing but smiles on grad day if you're there
    thats what i hope. ive started saving already so that i can maybe go down a day early or something. ane hes not my db (unfortunately) hes just my really really good friend. id love to take it there, but i dont know how he feels about all that. hes up and down with those "feelings" and has been all 5 years ive known him
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh yeah I am definitely going. I'm just hoping that headoverheels's DB changes his mind and wants her and his family there.

I'm thinking about it. If we have the money, I'm going to drive down a few days early and get a hotel room. How many hours a day do they get off, do you know?

Yeah I got the number but I already took the package to the post office this morning I just sent it straight to the post office on base with over-night express. That way when he gets let go, he can call me and I'll just tell him that he has a package waiting for him at the post office. It's the only thing I could think of. I NEEDED to get it out this morning to make sure it got there by tomorrow. Do you think that will work? Thank you for PMing me back though! I'll definitely be keeping that number saved in my inbox
    I would think if you have the right address then it should get to him. No idea how long of a break he will get ...that depends on the guys and if they fuck around when they get back to Benning (and also their RI's). Mine got 10 hrs - 6 hour breaks b4 graduation.
  8. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Hey I have a question that I've been wonering about off and on lately. So people keep saying "well not hearing from him is a GOOD thing, no news is good news, it means he hasn't failed"......is that true? Do the guys who do something during a phase to get themselves recycled automatically get sent back to the barracks ASAP to wait for the next class to go through? Or do they finish out the phase with the rest of the guys, and then go back? I'm just hoping that the phone call I'll be getting this weekend will be a happy one because he passed. Not a "I've been doing nothing in the field for a week because I fucked up and had to wait for everyone to finish". Also, after each phase there is a peer evaluation so even if the RI's don't recycle him on the spot, he can still fail the course due to the peer evals yes?
    Banned
    From what I rember he finished out the phase and if they recycle they don't go back to Benning. They stay where ever the phase is stationed. When ex recycled Phase 2 he is Dahlonega and then Eglin for Phase 3.
  10. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emunah* View Post
    From what I rember he finished out the phase and if they recycle they don't go back to Benning. They stay where ever the phase is stationed. When ex recycled Phase 2 he is Dahlonega and then Eglin for Phase 3.
    So you didn't get to hear from him for like 7 weeks?!

I would think if they got recycled they'd go back to Benning (or whatever base they are at) and get to call their loved ones and be like "I didn't pass" so that they could at least change their plans and know they won't be graduating on time. Oh gosh, now I'm worried I won't get to hear from him for like 2 months
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast