Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How much trouble...?

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

How much trouble...?

Advertisements
    I gues it would kida halt your progression, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

Just curious, how much trouble could a female be in if she fell preggo while deployed?

2. Senior Member
    Uh, as far as I know, at least in the Navy, they can't do much about it.

Two different chicks on my boat found out they were pregnant while out to sea, and when the boat pulled into a liberty port, they flew back of them back home (the pregnancy instruction says that a female servicemember is not to be more than 6 hours away from proper OB/GYN care). Boat wasn't happy, but they can't legally do anything.

I was... uh, let's see. The boat was in port in Guam when I found out. My chain of command said "alright" and they got me my orders to transfer off the boat. Actually, they were really good about it.

If you're talkin' like sandbox... I dunno how that works. I would like to think that no a single branch could legallly 'take someone to mast/court just for getting pregnant' but I'm sure they would find something else to take her for if it was bad.

Technically, she could go up for fraternization and/or disobeying a direct order, but that's getting very, very in depth.
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Yeah, I'm referring to the sandbox and not just finding out while there but actually having sex and falling preggo while there?

4. Senior Member
    I know it happens in the Army and they just send them home... not sure about punishment but I would think they could get an Art 15, they get them for less sometimes in the Air Force.
  5. Senior Member
    In the Navy they really can't do anything against you unless they have hard evidence that it involved someone in that command and was against the policy.

We just send them on to their pregnancy tours at my command.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It depends on location. If there is a standing order of "no sex", then they are breaking an official order and are subject to the UCMJ. Other than that I have no idea. Sorry.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think that it depends on how far her command wanted to take it. I'm sure that some people would just get sent home, and others would get in trouble for fraternization. It all depends on circumstances.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Mostly they just transfer her out of the combat zone. I don't think any command has ever prosecuted simply based on the pregnancy; there were usually other extenuating circumstances (fraternization, etc). The thing is, if they prosecute HER, they also have to identify and prosecute HIM, and then it gets a little complicated.

If there's a NO SEX rule (which is pretty absurd, people have sex), then prosecuting only those women who get pregnant is very discriminatory.
  9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    We came from a really harsh command and they had all kinds of rules about it during our deployment. Pretty much if you got preggo in the sandbox, you got an article 15 and all kinds of bad ju-ju went down for both parties involved.

Females weren't supposed to be in male rooms and vice versa so where you could do it without breaking the rules to even get preggo is another problem.

In the unit we just got to, we had a female that got preggo on R&R (dual military) and they just sent her home, no big deal. They weren't happy about it, but they haven't given her a hard time either.

It just depends on the command and the circumstances.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.