Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air force ladies!

1. Senior Member

Question air force ladies!

Advertisements
    I was talking to DF this morning. And he told me after 3 years of active duty he can switch to air national guard for the rest of his contract? He has a 6 year contract, with exactly 5.5 years to go today.

In addition to this question, he was also told that after 1 year if he didn't like a base he could ask to be moved to another base? Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

he can put in paperwork for a PCS yes, as far as going to AFNG I don't know. Don't be surprised if he changes his mind like 100 times before then though.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    he can put in paperwork for a PCS yes, as far as going to ANG I don't know. Don't be surprosed if he changes his mind like 100 times before then though.
    Thank you! I am not getting my hopes up about him changing to ANG, or even trying to switch bases in a year, but he brought it up and I needed to know if there was any truth behind it!

4. Senior Member
    I believe it's called palace chasing and you have to be approved for it and it's not exactly easy to be approve for. For first term airman I believe you have to be at a base for 12 months then you can update your dream sheet but I wouldn't hold your breath because most people don't leave for 4+ years from what we've seen, but sometimes they do. with everything

5. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Yea I'm not sure about the ANG deal but he can put in for a new base but that doesn't mean he'll get it. Our neighbor has been here going on 4 years and he's put in to go somewhere new a few times and never got it. He said its a process of finding your job at the new place and getting approved to go do that job and move. So but yea it can be a while. My grandparents were in laredo for 6 years when he was in, that was a different time but it can still take a while unfortunately
  6. Senior Member
    We're going on 3 years and have been actively trying to get out of here for about 2 years now.

7. DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.
    DH: you are my queen, my goddess, and my love. i love you.
    buuut
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    I believe it's called palace chasing and you have to be approved for it and it's not exactly easy to be approve for. For first term airman I believe you have to be at a base for 12 months then you can update your dream sheet but I wouldn't hold your breath because most people don't leave for 4+ years from what we've seen, but sometimes they do. with everything

I'd pretty much just go in with the thought that he will be stuck there for 3-4+ years.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    Thank you! We will be overseas, or at least he will depending on if he will get to leave or not. Can his orders change to be longer than 2+ years even though they are for 24 months now? I know they can be lengthened if we get married, but if I don't go over there, can they still lengthen his stay?

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usafgirlfriend08 View Post
    Thank you! We will be overseas, or at least he will depending on if he will get to leave or not. Can his orders change to be longer than 2+ years even though they are for 24 months now? I know they can be lengthened if we get married, but if I don't go over there, can they still lengthen his stay?
    I would say no unless he extends. Usually with overseas they send them back stateside once the 2 years is up unless he wants to stay overseas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast