Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Its all happening!!

1. Senior Member

Wow Its all happening!!

Advertisements
    I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

John finally got the opportunity to talk with a recruiter yesterday. He is starting the process to go back active duty Navy. Its been open for reserves to go back active for a few months now but hes been working to much to get anything done! He runs the PRT tomorrow morning and goes to MEPS Thursday and Friday. We'll know more after he's done with MEPS. He has to choose a new rate. He is an ET now but its full for his pay grade. I really hope his NCS contract doesn't cause any problems. The recruiter doesn't seem to think it will.

His boss told him this morning he either expects his letter of resignation Friday or a commitment to the company. He can't force him to quit so I don't know what he thinks is going to happen.

I wish this was happening at a different time. 9 weeks before our baby is due is no good!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Wow!! Does that mean you all will be moving or will you be staying put?
  3. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    and good luck....there's a stall out on jobs right now...regardless....DH's district just had a guy score a 95 on as asvab and he qualified to get in but there were no jobs.... Just wanted to give a heads up...I hope it's different for prior service....
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    His job cannot force him out because of being called to the military but they can force him out for other reasons so tell him to keep an eye out. I wish you the best luck!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    The kids and I will have to stay with our house until it sells. That stinks but theres nothing we can do about it. I refuse to rent it out. Once we leave here Im never coming back.

He was told to pick 6 different jobs. I doubt that means he'll get any of them but its worth a try. He was told ET and FC are full for his pay grade so he has to choose something besides that.

His boss is already looking for any reason what so ever to fire him. His reasoning is the he doesn't like John. He can't fire him for going into the military, we know that. I'm guessing he wants him to quit so he wont get unemployment. If he has to he'll hang out until he gets fired. We can survive off unemployment for a few months if we had to.