Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASVAB scores back and MOS decisions

1. Regular Member

Question ASVAB scores back and MOS decisions

Advertisements
    Hey girls...

Last night hubby took the ASVAB here in Nashville, and apparently scored high. It was in the 80's (?!) I'm clueless but whatever it was I was so proud! His recruiter was just about as excited as we were to see what jobs he qualified for... hubby had two in the back of his mind.

1. Calvary Scout
    2. Airborne Ranger

We sat in the Army Recruiter office till almost 9pm to see jobs, they pop up and the top three Special Forces, Calvary Scout and Airborne Ranger. Plus every single other one... CONFUSING MUCH?! I know in his heart he wanted Cav Scout or Airborne Ranger, but there are so many in the technical field that would give him training if he were to ever get out...?? But nonetheless I have to follow his lead and help him make educated decisions.

So... what information do any of you girls have about Cav Scouts and Airborne Rangers?

Anything and everything would be appreciated, I want to be informed! i have been doing tons of research online but I want to know REAL LIFE opinions
  2. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Tell him to go with his heart. He might regret it later if he doesn't.
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

If he wants training that will help him get a really good paying job when he gets out tell him to research the civilian equivilant jobs.

My husband wanted to be a nuke in the Navy because it interested him but also because it pays well in the civilian world.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    If he wants training that will help him get a really good paying job when he gets out tell him to research the civilian equivilant jobs.

My husband wanted to be a nuke in the Navy because it interested him but also because it pays well in the civilian world.

DB scored high as well on his ASVAB, but he chose to become a blackhawk crewchief because of the training involved, possible pay benefits etc.

If he were to get out of the army and go work for Blackwater or some other defense contractor, he would be making roughly 32 dollars an hour in the civilian world.

The guy that I nanny for went to West Point, majored in Computer Science and became a pilot. After his 6 years were up, he was recruited to work for General Electric and was pulling in a 6 figure salary.

Companies love the on hands training the military offers in addition to wonderful leadership skills. It definintly gives Vets an upper hand.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post

DB scored high as well on his ASVAB, but he chose to become a blackhawk crewchief because of the training involved, possible pay benefits etc.

If he were to get out of the army and go work for Blackwater or some other defense contractor, he would be making roughly 32 dollars an hour in the civilian world.

The guy that I nanny for went to West Point, majored in Computer Science and became a pilot. After his 6 years were up, he was recruited to work for General Electric and was pulling in a 6 figure salary.

Companies love the on hands training the military offers in addition to wonderful leadership skills. It definintly gives Vets an upper hand.

Awesome!!! Great reply THANK YOU!!
  6. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    Tell him to go with his heart. He might regret it later if he doesn't.
    I agree. Regardless of what job he chooses, the basic principles instilled in him will be valuable to civilian companies.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyluvsmarc View Post
    Awesome!!! Great reply THANK YOU!!
    you're welcome goodluck to you guys!
  8. Senior Member
    My hubby scored really really high the first time he took his. They wanted him to be nuke but he ended up being 5 months to old and they don't make exceptions for age in that program. He ended up looking to see what job he could do in the Navy that would pay well or help him get a good job in the civilian world. He also took training into consideration. If its longer than 120 days the kids and I could relocate and live with him.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    he definatly needs to get ajob that is good in the civilian world. my DH has a job that is like no where in civilain world, so he is changing his MOS.
  10. Senior Member
    http://www.military.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_MOS_Army.html

I have always used military.com to check asvab scores and the jobs they can get with them for friends. I am not sure how up to date it is, but it lists the ASVAB scores along with the MOS's that they can attain with such scores. They have to get a 100 or higher for any 18 series(Special Forces) MOS. Are you sure you remembered his score right?

Good luck to him getting what he wants.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast