Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reclass Question

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Reclass Question

Advertisements
    Can a soldier reclass after graduating AIT but before going to a first duty station? I guess I am one of those wives who thinks she can out smart the Army and get out of waiting. (LOL Yeah right!) Oh yeah and hubby hates his MOS since he trained for it. It isn't at all what he thought it was. So he is graduated from training sitting in limbo with orders and wanting to reclass anyhow. Could he do that now or does he have to wait a while?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i am pretty sure he is gonna have to wait a while. but im not 100% sure./
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm 99.9% sure the only time you can re-class is when you're re-enlisting. And even then he might not be able to. Dh wanted to re-class but his MOS isn't allowing anyone in his rank out (E4) b/c they say they're short on them. Sucks.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH said he'll probably have to be re-enlisting. He said you usually have to be re-enlisting unless the MOS is overmanned.
  5. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    If he gets in some serious trouble (ie pissing hot for cocaine) and looses security he will HAVE to reclass...but Im not saying to do that, but that is one way to get reclassed...Im pretty sure though that he is going to have to wait for re enlistment!

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  6. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Sorry this is so late, but I FINALLY got a call from DH...DH said for him to fill out form 4187!!! Hope that helped!!

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolle View Post
    If he gets in some serious trouble (ie pissing hot for cocaine) and looses security he will HAVE to reclass...but Im not saying to do that, but that is one way to get reclassed...Im pretty sure though that he is going to have to wait for re enlistment!

No... he would not be able to reclass if he tested positive for drugs... he would be discharged from the military.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    No... he would not be able to reclass if he tested positive for drugs... he would be discharged from the military.
    right, i saw her response and was like what?
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    right, i saw her response and was like what?
    There is a no tollerance policy for illegal substances. Whoever she got that into from was feeding her some bull poopie.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    There is a no tollerance policy for illegal substances. Whoever she got that into from was feeding her some bull poopie.
    exactly! i was reading in the army times that they are even locking down on people who have criminal backrounds even getting in, because they are lowering the number of oh what did they call them, i think they were called passes or something. but they are really cracking down alot more now then they were a year ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast