Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AVIATION ELECTRONICS MOS

1. Senior Member

Nutts AVIATION ELECTRONICS MOS

Advertisements
    HI
    SO MY SO IS LOOKING AT AVIATION ELECTRONICS, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DETAILS ON THIS?? LIKE HOW LONG IT TAKES? IS THAT THE JOB TITLE ITSELFOR IS THAT LIKE GENERAL DESCRIPTION FOR A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT JOBS?? IM CONFUSED AND WHEN I TRY TO GET MY SO TO EXPLAIN IT HE DOESNT DO A VERY GOOD JOB I NEED IT BROKEN DOWN CRAYOLA LEVEL
  2. Senior Member
    That was my brothers MOS in the Marines. He had to sign his contract for 5 years because the school is almost a year long. He went to Pensacola, FL. I'm pretty sure he learned how to take apart the control panals in a helicoptor and put it back together. After school he ended up getting into HAZMAT but stayed with the same MOS so I think its a broad term for a lot of jobs. He was stationed in Mirmar, CA and did two tours at Al Asad Airbase in Iraq.
  3. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    My husband is a 15N Avionics Mechanic and his AIT schooling was 6 months.

He might be a Avionics Electrician in which case he probably works on the electric end of things when it comes to fixing helicopters or planes.
  4. Senior Member

What branch?
    I was an AE in the Navy and we call them rates. I never went to school, though. I did what is called "striking" for a rate. The way it's done is you do the books the school requires on your own and complete them before the next advancement testing cycle which is every March and Sept. You need to at least pass but not advance to earn the rate which I did known as PNA (pass but not advanced) which means I didn't advance to E4 from E3 but I got my AE title so I was an AEAN (Aviation Electrician's Mate Airman).
  5. Banned
    Banned
    they also have them in the CG - we also call them rates-

you can go to www.gocoastguard.com to look at the rates and get information.
    Last edited by gunsgirl; 05-02-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling!
  6. Senior Member
    HE IS GOING INTO THE MARINES.. THANK YOU MJSPARKLES THAT HELPED!! IM GOING WITH HIM TO THE RECRUITERS OFFICE, HE WENT THE OTHER DAY BUT BEFORE HE DOES ANYTHING MAJOR THEY WANTED TO TALK TO HIS WIFE FIRST LOL TO MAKE SURE I WAS SUPPORTIVE..
  7. Banned
    Banned
    please do not use all caps- in message boards in means your yelling and is difficult to read.
  8. Proud Marine Wife & Candle Lady
    Proud Marine Wife & Candle Lady
    My husband is a Marine and in Avi. After school in Pensacola he had to go to school for the specific aircraft he was working on. Then he went into the squadron. There are a lot of different jobs even in the shops and different aircraft that he can work on. For example, working with the jets is a lot different then working with helos as some of those require flight time. What aircraft they work on, and their particular MOS is determined by their scores at school in P'cola I believe.
    GOT CANDLES????

Need a change? Transform a room in your house for only $9.95! Ask me how!

Economy got you down? Ask me how to start your own business for FREE!

View the catalog online at:
    www.partylite.biz/gretchenistre

9. His Buttafli
    His Buttafli
    DB's MOS is Avionics also and his training was in Pensacola also and he's in his 3rd year of his 5 year contract.
  10. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    my dh is a 15F. aviation electrician. his AIT was about 6 months, had to sign for 6 years. ummmm he stayes on FOB when deployed!!! that is good! and if he get a job outside of the army when he's out, he can make GOOD money!