Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First PCS?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused First PCS?

Advertisements
    My husband is Active Army and stuck at Fort Grodon. He graduated 9 weeks ago and had orders for Korea for the last 13 weeks. He is stuck because Fort Gordon will not give him his paper oders to out process and ship to Korea. Has anyone else been stuck that long after AIT?! How did you end up getting your orders? His gaining command keeps contacting him asking where he is and yelling that he needs to get orders and get there. Well, when he asks his CoC they tell him to go away!
  2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewArmyWife View Post
    My husband is Active Army and stuck at Fort Grodon. He graduated 9 weeks ago and had orders for Korea for the last 13 weeks. He is stuck because Fort Gordon will not give him his paper oders to out process and ship to Korea. Has anyone else been stuck that long after AIT?! How did you end up getting your orders? His gaining command keeps contacting him asking where he is and yelling that he needs to get orders and get there. Well, when he asks his CoC they tell him to go away!
    Sounds like the gaining command should call the CoC! Do you know what his gaining command is going to be?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries

Screwy Orders to Korea.

The orders take FOREVER. My boyfriend was to go to MP school, then Ft. Leavenworth, then he got verbal orders for Korea. Days before he left for MP School, he had his orders e-mailed to him: Leavenworth. He hasn't heard anything about Korea at all. Have him check his military e-mail. And the Junk/Spam folder. Just in Case.
    Banned
    Umm you're upset he hasn't left for Korea yet???
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*HunnyBunny*~* View Post
    I don't think I'd want to be stuck in limbo either.

I don't have any advice for you though, I'm sorry.
    Cori Aletta______ Avery William

09.23.09_________06.13.11
  6. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*HunnyBunny*~* View Post
    Think of it this way. The sooner he leaves for Korea the sooner he will get to return from Korea. Him being stuck where ever he is now is just making it longer they have to be apart.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah well, I actually live about 6 minutes from post. They don't let him see us though. We are lucky to get weekends and he sometimes gets lunch or dinner with us. I guess lunch and dinner are out because he got yelled at for being in a POV. Their policy letter says phase 5+ are allowed to be in a POV just not drive, I guess the policy letter don't mean crap. I can't go with him to Korea because of EFMP stuff. I don't want rid of him I just want the limbo over. I HATE waiting around thinking "What if he gets orders today?" The kids and I have had enough of TRADOC! We have been hanging tight for the last 18months dealing with TRADOC and the rules that go with it. I think it would be easier to just have him gone than to get hopeful every weekend and have it taken away. BCT was easier to deal with because I KNEW he wasn't availble to me. The part that gets me is that most days he is jut sitting around in his bay doing nothing! What would it hurt for him to sit around post with us? I understand TRADOC rules are in place to keep soldiers out of trouble but I still hate that hubby is STILL in training! Besides all that, the sooner he gets to Korea the sooner he gets back and the big seperation can end until he gets deployed. I am REALLY looking forward to the end of his hardship tour and being together a little while! We were together 10 years before the Army. It has been an interesting ride so far!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalarmygf View Post
    The orders take FOREVER. My boyfriend was to go to MP school, then Ft. Leavenworth, then he got verbal orders for Korea. Days before he left for MP School, he had his orders e-mailed to him: Leavenworth. He hasn't heard anything about Korea at all. Have him check his military e-mail. And the Junk/Spam folder. Just in Case.
    He has gotten emails and calls from his gaining command but no orders through email. He keeps going to OPS and asking for orders but they turn him away and won't tell him why he isn't getting orders. He cleared dental and a whole bunch of other stuff on post. He just has to clear medical which he really can't do without orders in hand. He told his gaining command yesterday to call the SGT that gives out orders and see if they can get somewhere. As far as know he hasn't heard back yet.
  9. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    DH was stuck at Gordon for a MINUTE before he got his orders too. If you guys havent had any luck by tonight PM me and Ill ask him if he calls!!

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!