Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: WLC at Ft Sill

1. Damage Control
    Damage Control

WLC at Ft Sill

Advertisements
    I dropped DH off at WLC in Ft Sill this morning and have a few questions....
    Do they get to come home on weekends?? I was told they do if they are stationed at Ft Sill, but then I was told they don't and can't find the info....
    Is there a graduation???
    Now this is more of what I was told by a friend who's ex-dh just happen to get caught sleeping with a female student last year. She said this happened ALOT at Ft Sill, but her ex-dh was there a year and a half ago...anyone hear anything like this or know anything about this???
    TIA!
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    My DH took it about a year and a half ago so things MIGHT have changed since then. There is a graduation and hubby would get off for part of the day on one of the weekend days. I think he did get to come home for one night on one of the weekends but that was it. Any other questions email me apecoraro5@yahoo.com

Amanda
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Wait is your SO station there? Or doing AIT there ?

Sorry maybe its because its late and my brain is slow
  4. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Quote Originally Posted by HisHeart View Post
    Wait is your SO station there? Or doing AIT there ?

Sorry maybe its because its late and my brain is slow

Yea we are stationed here....He got here in Oct and I came in January....

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  5. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I don't know about coming home on weekends. I'd say don't get your hopes up. My DH JUST left there last week and ... yea the direction there is not what I would call organized. I would have to say no on coming home on the weekends.

Yes there is a graduation. But it's nothing formal, they wear their ACU's and sit/stand while there is a speaker and the top 10% of the class gets recognition. After the graduation we waited for an hour to get our SO's back because they had them in two different formations.

He will get to talk to you for at least 10 minutes every day in the evening and the weekends are nice especially on Sunday but I really don't think that they can leave the base. They are allowed to go to the PX on Sundays at a specific time.

Have any other questions you can PM me and I'll give it a try.

ETA: I just texted my DH and asked him if there were any people in his class that had the same situation as your DH and he said that there were two but they weren't allowed to leave over the weekend. *shrug* sorry hun. He did say, " Well one of the guy's wife would come and hang out with him at the px on the weekends but that was it."
    Last edited by OliveJuice; 04-28-2009 at 09:31 AM.
  6. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Thanks ladies!!!

His CO called to check up on me and said he should be able to call me tonight!!!!!!

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    my hubs did WLC about a year ago, they dont have weekends off, and as far as i know, there is no graduation.