Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone have Special Forces Husbands?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Anyone have Special Forces Husbands?

Advertisements
    My DH is thinking about joining the special forces. I told him that I will support him in any decision but I have no idea what they are or what they do. I know that its like basic or AIT all over again but how soon can he get into it?
    Since I moved back home during this deployment I was thinking of staying here when he gets back so he can go to this Special Forces schooling, but I dont know how long it would take from the time he gets back from deployment to the time he would leave for school.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9112013AA3LDOc

This should help: A girlfriend asked the question so it's bit different.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9112013AA3LDOc

This should help: A girlfriend asked the question so it's bit different.
    Thank for that link!
    Wow I read alot of "lonely" and now Im wondering if its even something I want him to get into. But like I said before I feel like I shouldnt tell him what he can and cant do in his career. I might be living his career but I would hate to say no just for my own benefit.
    Or do I have it wrong
  4. I love my life :D
    I love my life :D
    my b/f just got into it so once he gets back from afghanistan he will be leaving again he jsut told me
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ohh yes. i have a friend thats a SF wife, and she says she just so used to her DH always being gone. hes right now gone to ft.gordon through the week for communication SF schooling. he comes home on the weekends if he doesnt have staff duty, but during the week he stays in the barracks. its very true though, her DH has been through 4 deployments, and after he graduates and gets out of schooling hes going to be deployed for the 5th time. he comes back from one they give him a little rest time and he deploys again. its pretty crazy. she barely sees him, shes a full time student and she has a job on the side. shes got all this time. they have no children, and idk when they are going to she says "probably never, bc she never sees him".
  6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchero View Post
    Thank for that link!
    Wow I read alot of "lonely" and now Im wondering if its even something I want him to get into. But like I said before I feel like I shouldnt tell him what he can and cant do in his career. I might be living his career but I would hate to say no just for my own benefit.
    Or do I have it wrong
    When soldiers are married and are in a field where there are rapid deployments and long separations, the wife plays a major part. You have to be 100% behind him and his decision. If he is fully supported by a understanding wife he can focus on his duty without outside stressors. If a wife is non-supportive and complains and nags about his job he obviously he will have distractions and that is dangerous. You are not doing his job, but you have a big role in keeping him focused and not worrying about his "homelife".
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You need to talk to him NOW about your worries.
  8. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by armywife84 View Post
    When soldiers are married and are in a field where there are rapid deployments and long separations, the wife plays a major part. You have to be 100% behind him and his decision. If he is fully supported by a understanding wife he can focus on his duty without outside stressors. If a wife is non-supportive and complains and nags about his job he obviously he will have distractions and that is dangerous. You are not doing his job, but you have a big role in keeping him focused and not worrying about his "homelife".
    Completely agree. It can be really hard at times but I support DH no matter what. I never censor what is going on but I do want him to feel secure while he is deployed and in the field. Also, I think it is something you adapt to over time. I'm never lonely. I know what needs to be done when he is gone and that prevents me from becoming lonely during separation.