Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: MP Wives, help!?

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

MP Wives, help!?

Advertisements
    DH has expressed some interest in changing his MOS. I was just wondering, for those of you that SO's that are MPs, how is the job?

Long hours? Someone told me that they get no holidays and no 4 day weekends, etc. I also had a next door neighbor who's husband was an MP and he was rarely home. How's the job when they are deployed? Are there any dangers to the job when home/deployed more than other jobs?

I have expressed to DH that his current MOS hasn't been bad, he's been home each night and has worked some long days, but overall I think it's been alright. I am just trying to research on my own to figure this all out... I'd really like for him to keep a job that allows him some good time at home.

Thank you to anyone who can provide me some information!
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
    Banned
    DH is an MP. You already know he's deployed... well, he told me that while he's there, what he does is nothing like what he would do here. And really, DH's unit wasn't standing long enough before they deployed... DH has never worked the road so neither one of us can really be any help. So really I just wanted to say DH is an MP from Carson.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My ex was an MP at Benning. He worked the road and was in a non-deployable unit. He had it pretty good. He worked 5 8hr shifts a week, just giving out speeding tickets basically. He use to get 4 days as long as he wasn't scheduled to work already, but his unit was really good with giving guys a 4 day after/before the "typical 4 day" . Holidays were the same way, if they were set to work on the holiday they would work with them. Hope that helps some!
  4. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Thank you for the info girls.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My DH is an MP over in Germany...he has to be to work at 4:30am and works till 6:30pm his schedule is two days off, two days on, three days off, three days on, two days off...etc. it repeats. for holidays if he is set to work then he works if he is scheduled to be off he is off. unless they are short staffed because of people taking leave, then they work. He usually gets called in at least once or twice every two weeks to work on a day off. as for deployments it really depends on the mission or the unit he is in...DH was going to be on a 5 man team patrolling around Saudi Arabia but he was taken off of it (no idea why). but it really depends.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Dh is an MP...but he doesn't work the road..He's considered a brigade MP. He works the road a few months out of the year but other then that he is at the company doing ranges and classes or sitting on his ass doing nothing LOL. On a deployment he is "mounted infantry" He did missions and stuff.