Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting duty questions

1. Senior Member

Recruiting duty questions

Advertisements
    How does it work? Do you get to pick the location? for example a wish list? it's for 3 years right? Any information would be great.I have heard horror stories so please fill me in. Thank you :]
  2. In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    My husband was on recruiting duty before . . I won't lie, it's tough. He worked 6 days a week, long hours and it wasn't fun. You will get to pick your top 3 choices, but ultimately you don't get to choose, just give your top choices. The first time my DH was going on recruiting duty his top 3 choices were on the east coast and he got assigned to Sacramento, CA. Those orders ended up getting cancelled and the second time he picked Harrisburg, PA, somewhere in MD and another PA location and got Philadelphia. It's the needs of the army that will decide. You might get lucky and get a better location than he had and it may not be as miserable. He was recruiting in Philly, center city, which was awful, then he was moved to Pottstown, PA, and it wasn't as bad.
    Yes, it is for 3 years, but that doesn't guarantee that you can't be pulled out for other reasons. DH was supposed to recruit for 3 years, but they pulled him out after 1 1/2 and sent him back to Iraq on Mitt team. Recruiting command even fought hard to keep him because he did really well, but they lost and he went back.
    Hope all this helps Good luck.
  3. Senior Member
    thanks for the info
  4. Senior Member
    I have no advice since Ed has never done recruiting, but I have heard nothing but bad things about recruiting duty.
    Needs work.
  5. Senior Member
    so have i.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

yeah we are on recruiting duty right now. Honestly 95% of the time it blows! Working 6 days a week. Doesnt get home till 9 OR later. Kids never see their daddy.

My dh choose Lincoln, Ne. the detailer said that basically they can get the District that his town is in but they will and could put you wherever they need you.

Luckily they pulled a few strings for my dh and he was put in Omaha, Ne. But a few months after that moved him to Council Bluffs, Ia.

It is a TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH job! Sometimes I wanna say harder than a deployment. Because even though your spouse is HOME they still really are not home kwim?

But then there are SOME places, zones, districts that are GREAT and jobs are much much better there.

It all just depends on your area, who you work with and how well your dh can "sell" things. IE the military.
  7. Am
    DF was on recruiting duty. He actually only worked 4/5 days a week. Sometimes the hours sucked because he'd have to go somewhere overnight but for the most part, he was home early afternoon. I guess it just depends where you are?
  8. Senior Member
    thanks girls. it's all useful info. he just got home after 13 months so we might just wait a year & see about things then, he also just started school.
  9. Senior Member
    I think it all depends on the branch of service and the station he is recruiting out of. I hear it is super easy now to be a recruiter due to the economy.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    I think it all depends on the branch of service and the station he is recruiting out of. I hear it is super easy now to be a recruiter due to the economy.

They are actually cracking down on their recruits now. Because of the economy being the way it is everyone wants to join the military for that steady pay.

But my dh just found out that ANY woman who score UNDER a 50 on the ASVAB test will not be giving a job.

No more GED's what so ever

No prior military

ect, ect.

Plus right now pretty much every quota for the fiscal year 09 is filled. Making it harder because they still have to meet their monthly quotas but there is now here to put the kids who joined.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast