Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Air Guard Officers?? Anyone know anyone?

1. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries

Air Guard Officers?? Anyone know anyone?

Advertisements
    Ok so I'm JUST starting to look into this as an option

But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with I believe it's OCS? (the "bootcamp") for the Air Guard as an Officer.

I have a few months to research this, like I said this is my first day considering it, so if anyone has any information it would be much appreciated!

I have a bachelors degree and I'll be finishing up my pilot's certificates in the next couple months. TIA
    Last edited by Jumpin Jollyfish; 04-21-2009 at 09:24 PM.
  2. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    because it's come back up and now I guess I'm getting serious about it. Anybody?
  3. Senior Member
    I think that you still have to go through the same boot that the res of the Air Force does....but I'll ask my husband when he calls later
  4. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!
  5. Senior Member
    no problem....he won't call until sometime after 7-8 EST...but once he does, I'll post
  6. Senior Member

i've been looking into commissioning through the guard. i'm currently enlisted in the ANG now and would like to commission within the next two years. i know a few people that have been commissioned through guard...some were from active duty and did palace chase and others were already enlisted in the guard. the OTS is only 6 weeks, i believe...very short compared to active duty officer school. it's a lot easier to get commissioned if you're already enlisted than to come in and want them to send you to OTS, from what i understand. especially right now, since the AF isn't exactly undermanned.
  7. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility
    My husband keeps bringing this up as an idea for me, he loves the sound of "one weekend a month" because I could still stay home most of the time. However I've been hearing that "one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer" isn't really a valid description of the guard any more. Plus, if I'm going to go thru OTS I might as well commission into the AF and not the Air Guard, kwim? But I'm like you, I hate the idea of PT and also they'd have to guarantee a me a specific schedule, which they can't...lol
  8. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the schedule doesn't really bother me, any future job I have will work around it. The main reason I'm pretty sure I'm gong to join now, is because with a flight slot it'll give me 2 years of a full time job flying. Which builds my hours and puts me right at the opening of when the airlines will start hiring. So now I just have to find a unit I want to join and that will take me, get eye surgery, and start working out... fun fun fun..
  9. Senior Member
    You may not get enough flight hours than if you went AD. You will have to score well on the test to get a pilot slot in the first place also. Good luck. Also keep in mind that they can still ship you overseas to another base for a while if they need you. Good luck in your decision makings.