Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shadow Boxes for RDCs (pic of ours included)

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Shadow Boxes for RDCs (pic of ours included)

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if some of you that are RDC wives know this so I wanted to let you know. When the RDCs are done with all of their pushes they can get a shadow box made. They can get it designed exactly how they want. My DH got his with the division pic from each division, his RDC pic, his DLA, the Lone Sailor, the Never Forget, Sailor Creed, RDC Creed, the blue rope and the red rope, and his boot camp division pic. We have it sitting here now. When we move we'll be hanging it up. But it is really nice. Nicer than what I was picturing. It cost $160 and it took about 10 days for him to take in everything he needed to, design it, and then have it made. I will say it is really heavy, so be prepared. The piece of paper is covering up his name. It is a name plate with his name, RTC Great Lakes, and when he was up here.

The guy that lives with us made chief up here so he is going to have petty officer stuff and chief stuff to signify that he made chief up here. He hasn't got his done yet.
  2. Senior Member
    how cool!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank You. I love the thing. He mentioned it awhile back but I was like pfft. Whatever. I didn't think it would look as nice as it does. That picture was the best one I could get and it doesn't do it justice. We have lots of stuff from when he was on the JFK, too. He'll have his "man's den" with all of his Navy stuff in there after he retires.
  4. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    DH has one and we love it!