Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re-enlistment question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

re-enlistment question

Advertisements
    so we all know the bonuses are for the most part going way down, or to nothing.

we've also learned the requirements to re-up have increased and they aren't letting people re-enlist right now cause everyone is over manned.

so...do you think it's gonna be the same in just under 2 years?

dh decided to wait until the very end of his first enlistment to re-up. do you think things will be back to normal or at least get a little better? too soon to tell? i'm really afraid he won't/can't re-up. we had a plan and i'm not ready for us to go back to wisconsin and the "civilian" world yet.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    If I were him... I wouldn't wait until *right* before just incase he can't. KWIM?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    If I were him... I wouldn't wait until *right* before just incase he can't. KWIM?
    it's either that and re-up for nothing, or wait and hope the bonus goes back up. i can't talk him into re-upping sooner. and that's still 6 months away anyway.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    He has 2 years till he HAS to re-up? I would give it a year or so and re-evaluate but not wait till the last second.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    DH re-enlisted last month... two years before his ETS date. He has always planned to do 20 yrs, but he re-enlisted this early for two reasons. First, the bonus for his MOS will decrease some next month; and second, if he makes E-7 this year, it will decrease even more for him. So, he went ahead and re-enlisted to get a good bonus.
  6. Senior Member
    There are so many different variables and it's hard to tell without knowing what your DH does or more specifics that are personal in nature. I say the Navy will be back to Normal in about 5 years.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    He has 2 years till he HAS to re-up? I would give it a year or so and re-evaluate but not wait till the last second.
    he has about a year and a half before the end of his first enlistment.

Ugh. I just don't know...

8. You are here.
    You are here.
    I agree...hold off.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    he has about a year and a half before the end of his first enlistment.

Ugh. I just don't know...
    Even if he were to reenlist he could only do it a year out. If he were to be SRB Eligible he could only reenlist 90 days early.
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NC@SEA View Post
    Even if he were to reenlist he could only do it a year out. If he were to be SRB Eligible he could only reenlist 90 days early.

That depends on the rate though. With my husband being a nuke he reenlisted 2 years before his EOS (this past January) and he capped out his full SRB. Just thought I'd throw that out there, that their are exceptions I don't know the other exceptions and what rates, but I know there are others
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast