Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Seaman to Admiral program...

1. Banned
    Banned

Seaman to Admiral program...

Advertisements
    so i was wondering if anyones SO is in the seaman to admiral program...my husband is and he is going to turn in his officr packet before he comes back from deployment..and i was just looking for other wives that have gone through the process and can tell me how all this works....hes told me that he has to build a packet which hes been working on for a while,and then turns it in....then what happens?...
  2. Senior Member
    My husband was selected for STA-21 in 2001 and commissioned in 2005. The packages are due in June (I think) and then you'll just wait for results to come out in October. Have you checked out the STA-21 website? That might answer some of your questions. https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
    My husband was selected for STA-21 in 2001 and commissioned in 2005. The packages are due in June (I think) and then you'll just wait for results to come out in October. Have you checked out the STA-21 website? That might answer some of your questions. https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/
    thanks!
  4. Senior Member

STA-21

From my prespective it is a pretty lengthy process that needs your DH's full attention to detail. The beginning of the process starts in Jan and the final package is due in July. The thing to remember is to ensure he gets his interviews done in time for both in the command and outside the command.

Another key thing is ensure his ACT/SAT are within the time limits that they are looking for and also that the college he wants to attend he needs to ensure his scores are good for them.

The last bit of info is if he does not have a warfare device then he stands a good chance of not being selected. For the past three years everyone selected had one.

I could talk about this program for hours.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    My husband is in the program now.

It is indeed a lengthy process.

My husband applied three times before he got selected.

If you do searches on this board, you will be able to find a plethora of info about the STA-21 program.

Good luck to you and your husband. It's such a terrific opportunity!!!