Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPO Selectee SOs... what's new?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

CPO Selectee SOs... what's new?

Advertisements
    Well ladies, how are you doing? Everyone hanging in there? Have you caught sight of the light at the end of the tunnel? Are you sick and tired of fundraisers and selectee bonding activities? Does the task list seem to be never ending? Are you loving the results of all this pt? Come on... spill.

2 weeks from today is pinning for D! I am stoked. I can't wait for this to be over. He's exhausted and very frustrated. I'm trying to be chipper and understanding, but it's a losing battle at this point. Nothing I say or do gets him out of his funk most of the time. Saturday night was an exception. We spent the evening laying on the couch watching mindless tv (yes, he got to be the remote control master). He finally relaxed, the tension left his shoulders, and he laughed. It was real laughter. I've missed that sound. And Sunday morning he was back on the computer, researching dead Admirals and grumbling about the stupidity of it all.

So, we're making it through. I'm keeping my eye on the prize (life goes back to normal and we can spend more time together). I think he's just taking it day by day to keep his head above water. I know he'll be okay in the end. I just wish the end would hurry up and get here.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I will be glad when it is over. He just got home from a deployment 3 months ago and now its like he isnt even home again. Hes lucky if he gets to see the kids and even when he is home he is doing work and research on the pc or on the phone.

2 weeks til pinning. I just keep telling myself that. Then we'll have a house full of family and then once they leave things will slowly get back to normal. Course now we are faced with the possibility of him leaving alot since he has new orders to a new ship since they didnt need an FC chief on his current one. Ah such is life I suppose.
  3. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Our day to day lives haven't changed all that much since transition began. The biggest change was that he had car washes on Saturdays, but then again he typically golfs one day on the weekend so it's not like I missed his presence. His work days were already long and they've only been extended by maybe an hour. I was stressed out because I had about a billion other things going on, but a lot of that has died down and things are starting to mellow out a bit, thank goodness.

I plan on baking a couple more last minute things, but it's mostly because I want to try them. They've already raised all the money they needed and then some, so everything is gravy on his end. His uniforms are purchased, charge book is decorated, the box for his charge book was built and is almost completed (he has to finish the back of the box, but everything else is done) and other than his school-type Chief learning crap, he's good to go.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    It's almost over ladies. It's September and the end is in sight. I will be ready to have my husband back to his normal hours myself.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    I will be glad when it is over. He just got home from a deployment 3 months ago and now its like he isnt even home again. Hes lucky if he gets to see the kids and even when he is home he is doing work and research on the pc or on the phone.

2 weeks til pinning. I just keep telling myself that. Then we'll have a house full of family and then once they leave things will slowly get back to normal. Course now we are faced with the possibility of him leaving alot since he has new orders to a new ship since they didnt need an FC chief on his current one. Ah such is life I suppose.
    Oh, Kristi, that sucks. Is the new ship deploying in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    Our day to day lives haven't changed all that much since transition began. The biggest change was that he had car washes on Saturdays, but then again he typically golfs one day on the weekend so it's not like I missed his presence. His work days were already long and they've only been extended by maybe an hour. I was stressed out because I had about a billion other things going on, but a lot of that has died down and things are starting to mellow out a bit, thank goodness.

I plan on baking a couple more last minute things, but it's mostly because I want to try them. They've already raised all the money they needed and then some, so everything is gravy on his end. His uniforms are purchased, charge book is decorated, the box for his charge book was built and is almost completed (he has to finish the back of the box, but everything else is done) and other than his school-type Chief learning crap, he's good to go.
    Well I'm glad it hasn't been that big of an adjustment for you. I don't think D's class has hit its fundraising goal yet. We went to Sam's Club on Sunday and bought another 300 hotdog rolls. At least he has been reimbursed for all the $$ he's put out so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    It's almost over ladies. It's September and the end is in sight. I will be ready to have my husband back to his normal hours myself.
    I don't know why, but seeing that typed out in front of me made me super excited!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyE'sGirl View Post
    Oh, Kristi, that sucks. Is the new ship deploying in the near future?
    Quite possible. I have no idea what the ships schedule is but I always prepare for the worst and hope for the best
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyE'sGirl View Post
    I don't know why, but seeing that typed out in front of me made me super excited!
    You're almost there... for those attending pinning/khaki ball, time's getting short, hope you guys are shopping..

Our next 'big' expense is Mess Dues..

I volunteered to bake for G's commands selects, they're having a bake sale on Sat.

and thatís all I need

8. Senior Member
    Anyone know when the Chief BAH kicks in?

Things are winding down here. He's getting fed up and frustrated but pushing thru. I still have to buy me pinning dress. The khaki ball dress just needs to be drycleaned.
  9. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKSWIFE View Post

Things are winding down here. He's getting fed up and frustrated but pushing thru. I still have to buy me pinning dress. The khaki ball dress just needs to be drycleaned.
    When you get paid for Chief I believe. G was first increment, so everything came at once.. clothing allowance, pay and BAH... I'm almost positive it's by date of advancement.

and thatís all I need

10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKSWIFE View Post

Like Melissa said all the pays go into effect when they get the advancement date. For instance we advanced Nov.1 so that next pay day we got the BAH, Clothing allowance and the pay. You will know your advance date I think 6 weeks before you actually advance. ( even though its supposed to be before pinning form what we were told)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast