Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CPO Selectees and spouses, How is everyone holding up??

1. Senior Member

CPO Selectees and spouses, How is everyone holding up??

Advertisements
    It's almost over, definitely half way over! Dh told me last night he will be going down to Chinhae for the pinning of their 3 selectees from Yongsan along with the 2 or 3 down in Chinhae. Since we already did this I hadn't been paying much attention to it the last few weeks (due to exercises here and back to school stuff) so to me the time has flown by. I am sure it's probably a different story for you all going through it right now!
    I can't wait to see all the pinning photos!
  2. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    Actually the time has gone by pretty quick here as well. Perhaps it's because of all the other crap we have going on. I still don't know what to wear to the pinning though.
  3. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    It went by quick here after the 2nd week was over. But those first 2 weeks I didn't know if I was going to make it.
    Not long now and we'll be posting our pinning pictures and Kahki Ball pics!!

What is everyone wearing to their pinning? I was going to wear a pair of white slacks and a nice top. Does that sound ok or should I wear something else?
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SitterFam View Post
    It went by quick here after the 2nd week was over. But those first 2 weeks I didn't know if I was going to make it.

What is everyone wearing to their pinning? I was going to wear a pair of white slacks and a nice top. Does that sound ok or should I wear something else?
    That sounds like appropriate attire
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!

That should be just fine...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    18 days left! We haven't seen each other in 2 weeks. It pretty much sucks, but what can ya do?! I don't think I'm going to his pinning. At that point we'll be less than 2 months into this whole quasi-relationship thing. That's way to soon to meet his whole family. That would be like . And I don't get khaki ball privledges either. The married guys/gals can bring their spouse, but the 2 single guys don't get to bring dates. F that! I wanted an excuse to buy something cute.
  7. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    That doesn't make any sense that the single guys can't bring dates? I think that sucks. I didn't even know that. I wonder if our single guys here know that!! His girl already got her dress for it!
  8. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    Thanks for the replies on my outfit question. That's what I'm going to wear then. I just got nervous when I heard some of the ladies here were REALLY going to be dressed up!!
  9. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    That doesn't make any sense that the single guys can't bring dates? I think that sucks. I didn't even know that. I wonder if our single guys here know that!! His girl already got her dress for it!
    That might all depend on the command.... same with holiday parties and such.

As far as the pinning, something nice and professional is always appropriate. I wore slacks and a sweater, and other ladies wore casual dresses..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a universal policy. From what I gather, each command decides how to handle it's khaki ball. D's class is really small (only 6 selectees), and there aren't a huge number of genuines in the area, so everything thus far has been very small and lowkey. I'm not too upset. This just means he'll have to take me out for a really nice dinner date that gives me an excuse to buy something cute. I've always wanted to go to Ruth's Chris. That will probably be even better than the darn khaki ball.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast