Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: RANK ISSUE - MAJOR ISSUE

1. Senior Member
    Me - Bronx NY, WA DH: USS Abraham Lincoln

Bang Head RANK ISSUE - MAJOR ISSUE

Advertisements
    My husband went through the Dep program and passed a PSQ. According to his recruiter due to this stuff he was moved up to an E3. When he graduated basic he was still an E1 and now almost 6 months he is still a E1 and up for promotion to E2 in October. How do we get him at the proper rank? His recruiter supposivly did the paperwork but every time we ask for it he says he is going to send it to command (which never makes it). What are we to do? Is it to soon to say to hell with it and just settle for where he is? Believe me he did a lot of work to get that E3 all the back and forth and the studying and physical training. Is it fair? Oh this in the navy branch i dont know if the roles are different from branch to branch.
    CHRISTOPHER JAYDEN born October 10, 2008 5lbs 7 oz
    & Yes he was early. 33 weeks and 5 days
    NICU Survivor
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No idea, but here's a for ya!
  3. Senior Member
    unless he has it from the recruiter in writing signed, sealed, and delivered, dated.....then I would not hold your breath.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    unless he has it from the recruiter in writing signed, sealed, and delivered, dated.....then I would not hold your breath.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    He can go up the chain of command of his recruiter. Is HIS command aware of the discrepancy? They can help him to sort through what is going on and often will have more response as they come into it from higher up on the food chain than your SO. Unfortunately, a lot of recruiters don't really care much once they get their contracts into into/through basic/boot. It may well just become a lesson learned for your SO but I wouldn't resign to that w/out pursuing it a bit furhter.
  6. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Exactly. My little brother fought for his E3 status out of boot while he was at MEPS.. at one point he told them he'd walk if they didn't come through.. he got it in writing and it worked out for him..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    If he didn't make sure it was listed on the paperwork when he left he may never get that rank back. I agree with Mandi he needs to see about going up his COC.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    If he didn't make sure it was listed on the paperwork when he left he may never get that rank back. I agree with Mandi he needs to see about going up his COC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    He can go up the chain of command of his recruiter. Is HIS command aware of the discrepancy? They can help him to sort through what is going on and often will have more response as they come into it from higher up on the food chain than your SO. Unfortunately, a lot of recruiters don't really care much once they get their contracts into into/through basic/boot. It may well just become a lesson learned for your SO but I wouldn't resign to that w/out pursuing it a bit furhter.
    with these ladies

however if nothing is documented including the PQS or that it was in his contract, it's probably good to say they can't do anything anymore. even if it was by word of mouth by the recruiter because on the contract there is a paragraph right before they sign saying that nothing that was told/promised to them will be held accountable past that point (well it doesn't say that verbatim but it's the gist of it)

it sucks but maybe the COC can help but only with proper documentation.