Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: any FC wives/girlfriends/etc. ?

1. kelley.ann

Question any FC wives/girlfriends/etc. ?

Advertisements
    i have a friend whose fiance is an FC at basic right now, and she keeps asking me questions about them. dh is an AT so i have noooo clue what to tell her. she would probably be on here herself, but shes only 17 so i thought i should ask her questions for her....

ANYWAY>>>

she wants to know where they typically get stationed and how long their shore tours usually are. I read on about.com that they spend 60% of their time on a ship or overseas, but she wants to know locations. anyone have an answer?
  2. Senior Member
    I am in FC and yes basically we are stationed on ships, we really don't have shore duties besides being an instructor, RDC, or Recruiter.

Pretty much when we have shore duty we will be working out of our rate. Ex: I am a exectutive asst. to one of the Senior Chiefs... Def not what my rate is.
    I knew the moment I first looked into your eyes - before you ever kissed me, I knew whether you knew it or not, and no matter how long it took, you were the one for me. I didn't care what people said or what the odds were. I didn't pay attention to anything but to what my heart was telling me. "This is it," my heart said. "This is the one you've been waiting for!" And thats the way I've felt about you ever since.That's the way it still is every time I hear your voice on the other end of the line. It doesn't matter whether we're in or out of love at that moment. I guess that's cause we both know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours. Thats what being in love is all about!

3. Senior Member
    Oh, and as for stations, it would more than likely depend on the "C" school he would go to. I have a couple friends in Hawaii, FL , Virginia, and Cali... It depends on whether they are on a carrier, destoryer and so on.
    I knew the moment I first looked into your eyes - before you ever kissed me, I knew whether you knew it or not, and no matter how long it took, you were the one for me. I didn't care what people said or what the odds were. I didn't pay attention to anything but to what my heart was telling me. "This is it," my heart said. "This is the one you've been waiting for!" And thats the way I've felt about you ever since.That's the way it still is every time I hear your voice on the other end of the line. It doesn't matter whether we're in or out of love at that moment. I guess that's cause we both know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours. Thats what being in love is all about!

4. kelley.ann
    oh ok thanks. i just want her to know what she is getting into. so they can basically get stuck anywhere? i guess it depends what they want to work on right? that's how it was with dh.
  5. wishin
    wishin
    hubby is an FC and he went to 'A' school in great lakes then 'C' school at dam neck Virginia beach,va and got stationed on a carrier here.
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  6. kelley.ann
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleysMommy View Post
    Oh, and as for stations, it would more than likely depend on the "C" school he would go to. I have a couple friends in Hawaii, FL , Virginia, and Cali... It depends on whether they are on a carrier, destoryer and so on.
    OHHHH! okaaay. i'll def let her know! thanks much! =]
  7. Senior Member
    Yes pretty much. I mean if he does well in A school then he will get to pick his C school (we are all promised C schools in the FC rate) and his first duty station will follow his C school orders...

8. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate

Options

It really depends on what type of FC he is. Speaking of just AEGIS FC's the Duty Station locations are totally limited but if he is Non-AEGIS then he has a lot more options but as other have stated it is one of the most Shipboard Rate in the Navy. FCSN thru FC2 have a 5 year sea tour to complete right off the bat but they have a good quality of life on Cruisers and Destroyers from talking to FC's.

Good luck!!
  9. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    I was an FC and did my C school out at DamNeck, va. I was then stationed in norfolk when I got done. I was a seasparrow tech which is limited to LHD, Carriers, and I think DD's are really all that have them, but I could go anywhere. We had people in my class go to washington, san diego, norfolk, mayport, and japan...so pretty much anywhere. When I was on shore duty, I work at the barracks for what use to be called SIMA in norfolk.
    Smile as if you don't have a care in the world,
    Love with your whole heart,
    And laugh as if it is going out of style.