Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about ATs

1. Live&Learn
    Live&Learn

Question about ATs

Advertisements
    Last edited by andrea; 11-15-2014 at 07:32 PM.
  2. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate

Merger

Quote Originally Posted by andrea View Post
    Are all ATs switching over to AWs? Does anyone know when this will happen? I see that AWs have longer shore duties than ATs.
    All Sailor's that are in a flying job will be converting to AW. The other choice that they are giving these Sailors is if that Sailor wants to stay in that rate such as AO, AE, AT, AD or whatever rate they are in then they would have to give up flying. So unless he is an Aircrewman then he will stay an AT.

Hope this helps.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    all aircrew AT's are becoming AW's. Like she mentioned above the flyers in those rates have to convert....and even then they aren't guaranteed a flying slot anymore. My DH had to submit a request and could be turned down. I am PRAYING he isn't turned down because staying an AD isn't something he wants to do.......

He's also not thrilled about the conversion......he wants to stay an ADC and not become an AWC. (don't ask why........I actually have no idea why.....I think it's just him being stubborn)
  4. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate

LOL

My DH says the reason they don't want to convert is because of pride and that's not the rate they joined He said he wouldn't want to be an AW if he was and AD or AT and that he should keep his "Real Rate". He also said that AW's don't want the other rates coming into the AW Rating because they are not real AW's. Men are funny.