Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 244

Thread: CPO Selectee wives!

  1. Account Closed
    Kaymara's Avatar
    Kaymara is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    27,684
    #1

    CPO Selectee wives!

    Advertisements
    I figured we could have a thread to ask questions to each other, gripe about the hours and all that good stuff

    Congrats again to all who made it! We went out yesterday and bought the new PT shirts and his ship sent us the schedule

    The only BAD thing is now we might have to get new orders since his ship doesnt need another chief lol We're hoping and parying that IF that happens that we will still find something here so we wont have to move!
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    ImNoOliveOyl's Avatar
    ImNoOliveOyl is offline
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,644
    #2
    Hopefully the orders situation works out. G's sponsor (also his LCPO at the time) retired a month after the pinning, so G took over his position.. that worked out well, especially since we'd been here 3 months and really didn't want to have to move again.

    Have they all gone to one set of PT gear for the selects? Last year G's group got together and went to the NEX to buy gear so everything matched.

    That's one piece of advice I can give.. be ready for him to "conform".. We had to have a utility shirt made into a short sleeved one the day results came out, because G's only had long sleeved ones, and the rest all had short sleeved. At least now we know a good tailor, who doesn't charge much and can get things done on very short notice.. (he's a retired CPO, so that helps.. )

    G's mustache also had to disappear for those 6 weeks.. all part of looking like your brothers.

    Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need




  3. Account Closed
    LoveKiss's Avatar
    LoveKiss is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,190
    Blog Entries
    11
    #3
    Can a quasi-girlfriend who is bracing herself for being neglected for the next 6 weeks join?
  4. Account Closed
    Kaymara's Avatar
    Kaymara is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    27,684
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyE'sGirl View Post
    Can a quasi-girlfriend who is bracing herself for being neglected for the next 6 weeks join?
    sure
  5. Cookie Queen
    Theresa's Avatar
    Theresa is offline
    Cookie Queen
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,191
    #5
    We actually just lucked out with the orders department as well. Currently he's filling TWO Chief positions at his command, but because of his sea duty time (9 years now) he was only able to extend at the command for 2 more years. Now however he's going to a shore command and will stay there for 3 before deciding on what to do...either put in an LDO package, or head back to the command he's at. His regular detailor was being a prick though saying they didn't have any Chief billets here for him when uh, he's already in that spot. Wanker.

    My Husband's "fun" begins today so he'll know a little more about his time schedule. However he leaves tomorrow for a few days so I won't be really affected by any long hours yet.
  6. Senior Member
    Navgirl's Avatar
    Navgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,361

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    I figured we could have a thread to ask questions to each other, gripe about the hours and all that good stuff

    Congrats again to all who made it! We went out yesterday and bought the new PT shirts and his ship sent us the schedule

    The only BAD thing is now we might have to get new orders since his ship doesnt need another chief lol We're hoping and parying that IF that happens that we will still find something here so we wont have to move!
    Hahaha, that was so opposite of me! After Dh was pinned the first thing I did was look for orders because I wanted to do something different. His command was Squadron 30 in San Diego, a small coastal warfare command that had like 15 people with one chief and a master chief. Well my dh and 2 other people made CPO so I knew he was eligable for new orders!!! So now we are in Korea and loving it! we were in SD for 8 years and I was getting very antsy about moving and doing something different. Boy did we get different!
  7. Account Closed
    LoveKiss's Avatar
    LoveKiss is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,190
    Blog Entries
    11
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    I figured we could have a thread to ask questions to each other, gripe about the hours and all that good stuff

    Congrats again to all who made it! We went out yesterday and bought the new PT shirts and his ship sent us the schedule

    The only BAD thing is now we might have to get new orders since his ship doesnt need another chief lol We're hoping and parying that IF that happens that we will still find something here so we wont have to move!
    That was one of my first questions.... does this mean you will be leaving? His answer was nope, I get to stay right here and my schedule will be the same post-transition as it was before I was promoted.
  8. Account Closed
    Brandi's Avatar
    Brandi is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    39,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    Kristi, you already know (I think) but Jason ran into that same problem with the orders (had to change ships b/c they didn't need another CPO) and when I mentioned to him that you said Rod might need new orders, he agreed that it's a very good possibility The good thing is though that usually (Especially with the precoms), they can slide him in somewhere else and at least keep ya'll in the same location. My fingers are crossed for you anyway, because I know you do NOT wanna move again right now.

    I wonder how likely it is that he could be moved to the greenbay with Jason it would be perfect timing for ya'll b/c the ship would be pulling into SD not too tooo long after pinning and all that. And from what Jason has said, there is not much khaki in comparison with junior enlisted. And of course it's a "precom" also, so he'd be staying within the precom community. Hmmm
  9. Account Closed
    Kaymara's Avatar
    Kaymara is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    27,684
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Hahaha, that was so opposite of me! After Dh was pinned the first thing I did was look for orders because I wanted to do something different. His command was Squadron 30 in San Diego, a small coastal warfare command that had like 15 people with one chief and a master chief. Well my dh and 2 other people made CPO so I knew he was eligable for new orders!!! So now we are in Korea and loving it! we were in SD for 8 years and I was getting very antsy about moving and doing something different. Boy did we get different!
    We been doing this for 15 years now and moved all over. I am comfy here tho because my mom is nearby and my stepdad passed away very suddenly last year so she is all alone. So it is important to me to stay here. IF we have to move we'll deal. I always do
  10. Account Closed
    Kaymara's Avatar
    Kaymara is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    27,684
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Kristi, you already know (I think) but Jason ran into that same problem with the orders (had to change ships b/c they didn't need another CPO) and when I mentioned to him that you said Rod might need new orders, he agreed that it's a very good possibility The good thing is though that usually (Especially with the precoms), they can slide him in somewhere else and at least keep ya'll in the same location. My fingers are crossed for you anyway, because I know you do NOT wanna move again right now.

    I wonder how likely it is that he could be moved to the greenbay with Jason it would be perfect timing for ya'll b/c the ship would be pulling into SD not too tooo long after pinning and all that. And from what Jason has said, there is not much khaki in comparison with junior enlisted. And of course it's a "precom" also, so he'd be staying within the precom community. Hmmm
    The only bad thing is we looked up FC E7 orders and all we could find was 3 on the east coast which was a resounding no way in hell, hawaii, Japan and Italy. There was none for here. I am hoping that changes.
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •