Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: CPO question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

CPO question

Advertisements
    Okay, so I'm seeing a guy. It's new, but there is potential. And he just found out on Friday that he made promotion to chief. for him. He said that the next 6 weeks are going to be crazy because there is a bunch of stuff he has to do. I felt kinda lame asking him, so I'll bug all of you instead. What are the next 6 weeks going to be like? I don't know if it matters, but he is a corpsman at the Naval Academy. Any insight is much appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    He'll be very busy and very tired!
    Needs work.
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I agree with Kate... Congrats to him on the promotion.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyE'sGirl View Post
    Okay, so I'm seeing a guy. It's new, but there is potential. And he just found out on Friday that he made promotion to chief. for him. He said that the next 6 weeks are going to be crazy because there is a bunch of stuff he has to do. I felt kinda lame asking him, so I'll bug all of you instead. What are the next 6 weeks going to be like? I don't know if it matters, but he is a corpsman at the Naval Academy. Any insight is much appreciated.
    He's going to have virtually no time to himself. He'll spend his days running silly errands and kissing people's butts, but it's all part of the fun. He won't be able to spend a lot of time with you because he'll have "training" tying him up in the afternoons, plus fundraisers on the weekends (car washes). He'll be tired, frustrated, and sometimes angry, but it's all going to be fine in the end.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    everyone already gave you good advice........just be patient because these next 6 weeks are going to be PACKED for him. He might not have very much free time AT all. I know my husband hardly got a free day......and when he did he'd sleep. He was so tired that at week 4 he ended up having to be told to go to medical......

so be patient because this is a huge step for him career wise and very important.......
  6. Senior Member

Do you live close by or far away where IM, email and phone are your main sources of communication. If it is then you may not see him hardly online, maybe an email here and there. My dh was hardly home during the 6 weeks and when he was he was doing work and eating and then sleeping. I did what I could to help him. I was his gopher when he needed stuff. I did a lot of running around buying supplies. If you live close maybe you can help him out with shopping. Just know if he has no time to talk he really has NO time to talk, ok!
    Congrats to him!!!!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Do you live close by or far away where IM, email and phone are your main sources of communication. If it is then you may not see him hardly online, maybe an email here and there. My dh was hardly home during the 6 weeks and when he was he was doing work and eating and then sleeping. I did what I could to help him. I was his gopher when he needed stuff. I did a lot of running around buying supplies. If you live close maybe you can help him out with shopping. Just know if he has no time to talk he really has NO time to talk, ok!
    Congrats to him!!!!
    He lives about 35 minutes from me. We usually spend 1 or 2 nights a week at his place and rely on phone, text, IM, etc. the rest of the time. I told him that if he needs a helping hand, I'm available. He has a 16 week old puppy, so I may end up with puppy duty somewhere along the way. That's fine. Bertolli is my little buddy. He's only been here since May and doesn't have any family in the area. We'll just see how things shake out. It's only 6 weeks. Goodness knows I've survived longer than that.

Anyway, thanks for the insight and advice. You ladies are the best!