Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: For AF SO's--how long to get word on crosstraining?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

For AF SO's--how long to get word on crosstraining?

Advertisements
    Hey everyone,
    My DH put in for crosstraining 5 weeks ago and still hasn't had any word--his application is listed as being "in processing." No one in his shop has crosstrained recently so no one's able to give him an idea of when he might hear something.
    I know the board is required to consider his app for 3 months in a row before being able to reject it outright.
    Has anyone else's SO crosstrained? How long did it take before you heard anything back?
    TIA--
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I heard it can take a few months, just be patient. We will be going through all that in a few months time.

3. Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    my bf cross trained and he put his package in feb or march didnt find out it was approved till end of nov/beginning of jan.it takes time.just be patient and every so often have him call and see whats going on with it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    I heard it can take a few months, just be patient. We will be going through all that in a few months time.
    Quote Originally Posted by missjenn00 View Post
    my bf cross trained and he put his package in feb or march didnt find out it was approved till end of nov/beginning of jan.it takes time.just be patient and every so often have him call and see whats going on with it.
    All right ladies, thanks very much. It's so hard to be patient because he wants this really badly! He told me today he keeps trying to keep himself from checking his app, and he'll go a few days and then break down and check it again Poor DH.

I'll tell him what y'all said and tell him he can call and ask about it if he's really anxious!

Thanks again, y'all rock!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Dh retrained 8.5 years ago, it took several months to find out... What is he wanting to retrain to?

JENN: Wow! Your db isn't going to be a load anymore? What's his new job going to be?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    Dh retrained 8.5 years ago, it took several months to find out... What is he wanting to retrain to?
    Hey there, he's listed three options: finance (he's working on his degree in business), physical therapy, and imagery analysis (intel). That's why I'm anxious to find out what he gets just like he is The first two have a good chance of getting him assigned back to this same base, the third almost guarantees another PCS after tech school. I just want to KNOW, but I am going to have to cool my jets and grow up
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by leiawen View Post
    Hey there, he's listed three options: finance (he's working on his degree in business), physical therapy, and imagery analysis (intel). That's why I'm anxious to find out what he gets just like he is The first two have a good chance of getting him assigned back to this same base, the third almost guarantees another PCS after tech school. I just want to KNOW, but I am going to have to cool my jets and grow up
    I think the worst part of being a military wife is the waiting and not knowing!
  8. Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    yeah he is going to still be a load brentscrystal.he crosstrained into it from fuels about a year or two ago because of the downsizing.sorry didnt mean to confuse you.
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by missjenn00 View Post
    yeah he is going to still be a load brentscrystal.he crosstrained into it from fuels about a year or two ago because of the downsizing.sorry didnt mean to confuse you.

It's an easy thing to do!