Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is anybodys SO a CTN??

1. Senior Member

Is anybodys SO a CTN??

Advertisements
    My husband is planning on trying to cross-rate to CTN. He is currently out at sea, so we can't sit down and talk about this right now. We did breifly talk about it, but not much.. I would like to know anything and everything about CTNs.. He is currently an IT..

He said that CTNs, for the most part, aren't needed on ships.. So what are their Deployments?? How long? What's the advancement rate like, mainly from E4 to E5? These are all the questions I wanna ask him, and kinda have.. But he was unsure of them all. I told him he needs to look into it all, and this is something that should be discussed between us. I am all for supporting him with what he wants to do, but I want to be included and I want to know what we're getting into, ect.. So any and all help us much appricated!!!
  2. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate

CTN

CTN is a pretty secretive rate and unless your in the rate then their is only speculation. The main thing that I know about the CTN Rating is it deals with computer network defense ie; hackers, keeping the government networks safe.

IT depending on the NEC could easily fit into the CTN Rating. They are currently looking for CTN's in the lower paygrades but may soon be filled.

CTN's are land based so that explains that portion.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    My husband is planning on trying to cross-rate to CTN. He is currently out at sea, so we can't sit down and talk about this right now. We did breifly talk about it, but not much.. I would like to know anything and everything about CTNs.. He is currently an IT..

He said that CTNs, for the most part, aren't needed on ships.. So what are their Deployments?? How long? What's the advancement rate like, mainly from E4 to E5? These are all the questions I wanna ask him, and kinda have.. But he was unsure of them all. I told him he needs to look into it all, and this is something that should be discussed between us. I am all for supporting him with what he wants to do, but I want to be included and I want to know what we're getting into, ect.. So any and all help us much appricated!!!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
    CTN is a pretty secretive rate and unless your in the rate then their is only speculation. The main thing that I know about the CTN Rating is it deals with computer network defense ie; hackers, keeping the government networks safe.

IT depending on the NEC could easily fit into the CTN Rating. They are currently looking for CTN's in the lower paygrades but may soon be filled.

CTN's are land based so that explains that portion.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you. My husband is an E4.. *Might* be testing in the fall for E5, but I'm not too sure.