Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy: ESWS test

1. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    I can work the google on the internet machine!

Help Navy: ESWS test

Advertisements
    girls Dh just told me that he scored a 66 on his test is that good or bad? he said he was pretty pissed. Im guessing that is bad, but can someone tell me if he will still get his pin or not?
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
  2. Senior Member

As far as I know it's different with each command so I have no idea if it's good or bad.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I believe you have to score 75 or better to have passed
    Sorry hun
  4. Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    It all depends on the ship and what they require. While it sounds like he failed the test, he will be able to take the test again. Our ship said we had to score, 80+. All he is going to have to do is study a little more, find out his week points on the tests and then retake. Bummer though! He will still get his pin, it will just take a while longer now.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He'll have to retest in order to go before the oral board I believe. G had to take a test, and do an oral board...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Senior Member
    If he is pissed I would assume he failed. Also, he cannot get his pin until he passes both the written and oral board. Good luck to him.
  7. Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    Yup Melissa that is typically how the process goes:

1) You get this huge book.
    2) You walk around aimlessing to every division on the ship trying to get signatures in the big huge book. They tell you briefly about what they do.
    3) Once you receive all the signatures you get to take a test.
    4) After the test, you get a card this time you have to get signatures from chief or subject matter experts. Before you can get this sig you have to tell them what you learned. This time you are learning about more specific jobs and pieces of equipment. Firing range of missiles and how the gun works. How the ship makes water.
    5) After all those sigs are received you are ready for something called a "murder board" that is where you are prepped for the questions you will receive in the "chief's board." They tell you your weakest subjects.
    6) FINALLY!!! You go the "chief's board" here they can ask you any question they want about the ship and any job.

After aaaaallllll that you get your ESWS pin.
  8. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockosMaid View Post
    Yup Melissa that is typically how the process goes:

1) You get this huge book.
    2) You walk around aimlessing to every division on the ship trying to get signatures in the big huge book. They tell you briefly about what they do.
    3) Once you receive all the signatures you get to take a test.
    4) After the test, you get a card this time you have to get signatures from chief or subject matter experts. Before you can get this sig you have to tell them what you learned. This time you are learning about more specific jobs and pieces of equipment. Firing range of missiles and how the gun works. How the ship makes water.
    5) After all those sigs are received you are ready for something called a "murder board" that is where you are prepped for the questions you will receive in the "chief's board." They tell you your weakest subjects.
    6) FINALLY!!! You go the "chief's board" here they can ask you any question they want about the ship and any job.

After aaaaallllll that you get your ESWS pin.
    I figured I was right, but it's been a long time since G got his.. All I remember was that he had to know EVERYTHING about that ship..

OOh, and I do know that future commands can make you "re-qual".. they can't take away your pin, but they can request that you learn everything as if you were going up for board again.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

9. Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    Well it is really the same process. With the book but that is about all that you have to do.
  10. Hot of the press: I am voting for Senator Obama!
    Oh and you have to do it within a year of being on the ship...

The only reason why I know all this is because I had to go through it too and it sucked!!! You wouldn't believe the grief you get from some people who don't want to teach you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast