Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help Me Please!!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Nutts Help Me Please!!!!

Advertisements
    ok this morning dh's sister calls me and asked me when the last time i talked to dh was (hasnt been for a few days) and asked me to tell him the next time i talk to him to have him call her cuz she is in need of brotherly comfort. she wont go into detail with me at first and then asking her again if there was anything i could do (since dh is deployed) and then tells me she is getting DISCHARGE from the Air force... then she goes on and says that she needs dh to write a letter for her discharge and not to tell anyone including dh (and of course her parents my ILs).... so i was kinda torn cuz i share everything with dh and i really didnt want him to go in blind with the stituation and be thinking all kinds of shit.

...so when writing dh an email i told him exactly what sil said
    sil asked me to tell you when i talked to you that when you get the chance she REALLY needs to talk to you... according to her she doesnt have access to a computer right now and said its not urgent but important.... regarding military. so i asked if i could help in anyway and she said not really... she wouldnt go into detail with me except that she needs brotherly advice because she needs you.... according to her what she did tell me was that she is getting discharged from air force....
    so i dont know exactly whats going on... but she did say not to tell parents cuz she wants to explain which i respect...so i dont know how youre able to contact her... not sure if you can call out.

Was I wrong for telling dh exactlly what she told me??
    Can someone explain to me why she would need a letter?
    I know it suxs for her but she has had problems while in the air force in the past with schooling.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

wow I don't really know why she would need a letter. It think you were right for telling him though. If he found out later you knew something, he might be upset

3. My sailor is soooo dreamy...sigh
    My sailor is soooo dreamy...sigh
    not at all. My bf comes first. I usually like to give him a heads up about stuff too.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    wow I don't really know why she would need a letter. It think you were right for telling him though. If he found out later you knew something, he might be upset
  5. Senior Member
    i'm the same way. i tell db everything, even when i'm not supposed to. but maybe i'm in the wrong for doing that...? i don't know. i would have done the same thing as you though.
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    If they are considering discharging her she has the opportunity to provide letters showing support for her continued service and they will consider that when making the desicion.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    If they are considering discharging her she has the opportunity to provide letters showing support for her continued service and they will consider that when making the desicion.
    ohh... ok thanks
  8. Senior Member
    I would have told DH too. I hope she can get it all sorted out.