Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: money doesn't make up for you..

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

money doesn't make up for you..

Advertisements
    i don't know where to put this...but Dh is sitting here watching army wives and said i want to go to iraq...i was like why!??!! he said because of the money...and i'm like are you kidding....money doesn't make up for you...he's like yeah it does...when it hits the bank account...cha ching...

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I bet he would change his tune a month into the deployment. No amount of money can make up for not having your husband around.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    The $$$ is one of the things DB likes about deployment. Then again, he is mildly obsessed wih $$ and savings and living completely debt free and retirement.
  4. Senior Member
    The money honestly isn't even that great...it definitely is NOT enough for the danger that they're in...I think he might change his tune once he was in country...kwim?
  5. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    LOL Oh goodness.

Yeah I don't think there is any amount of money I would trade for a year away from DH... Specially in a dangerous area. F that.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My DH wants to go. Money is a perk, but he wants to go to feel like he has done something. KWIM?
  7. Senior Member
    hah par t of the reason DB volunteered this time but he says now that he has me he wont be volunteering anymore...money makes up for nothing in my opinion id rather have him here and safe and be poor

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    AHHHH I haaaaaate that kind of reasoning. My friend wanted to go for the same reason, so she could pay off her credit card.

I think the "awesome" money is a STUPID STUPID reason for wanting to go to Iraq. Honestly.... it's not THAT much money.

I don't think it's wrong to want to serve your country..... but if money is your only motivation.... wow.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It's one of the main reasons I'd never want him to go back as a civillian contractor. SURE they make alot of money, but honestly we've served, he's deployed and I don't need him to go back to Iraq just to make that extra money.......

but I won't knock extra deployment money....tax free, family sep.....it adds up
  10. Mommy of two sweet girls!
    Mommy of two sweet girls!
    My DH talked about volunteer to go IA, because the money is good. Honestly I rather him here safe and not have to worry about what kind of things he has to see and do while he's out there. I've heard stories of people who come back not being the same person. Its not worth the money if you have to risk your life day in and day out for a year. No way.
    Gina~

My Bella!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast