Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Re-Enlistment

1. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries

Re-Enlistment

Advertisements
    OK So My DH has only been in a year so we have 3 more until he has the opption to re-enlist but i was just wondering if he were to choose NOT to re-enlist and try civlian live and it ended up not working out for him and he wanted to join again would he have to go through basic and AIT again? AND is there any before he is up for re-enlistment that the army will move us somewhere else or am i stuck in this place for 3 more years?

thank you in advance for your timely responses
  2. sydneesmomma18
    It would depend on how long he stayed out , if it isnt a long long time then he wouldnt have to go to basic, as far as AIT goes, as long as he doesnt change his job from what he was before he got out, he doesnt have to go through the full AIT but maybe a refeshers course.
  3. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Thank you like i said i have to wait 3 years but just wanted to know
  4. sydneesmomma18
    not a problem at all and do u not like Bragg?
  5. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Nope but i have only been here for 2 months! I know its mostly because i am a 5+ day drive or a 6 hour flight away from my famliy it kills me because I am so close to my famliy... I am hoping next year we can get a house on becase Or an actual house with a backyard and all that good stuff
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca*Girl View Post
    OK So My DH has only been in a year so we have 3 more until he has the opption to re-enlist but i was just wondering if he were to choose NOT to re-enlist and try civlian live and it ended up not working out for him and he wanted to join again would he have to go through basic and AIT again? AND is there any before he is up for re-enlistment that the army will move us somewhere else or am i stuck in this place for 3 more years?

thank you in advance for your timely responses
    It depends They don't like to take back people who were previously enlisted it is much harder to get them in the longer they are out of the service. Usually within 6 months or so its a snap but longer then that the paperwork just piles up.
    He wouldn't have to go thru basic or anything, he may loose rank or possibly his rate if they are overmanned when he goes back in. So those are also factors to consider.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca*Girl View Post
    Nope but i have only been here for 2 months! I know its mostly because i am a 5+ day drive or a 6 hour flight away from my famliy it kills me because I am so close to my famliy... I am hoping next year we can get a house on becase Or an actual house with a backyard and all that good stuff
    okay not trying to threadjack but i know what you mean about being far away, my friends/family are in california but it took my dh and i 3 days from the coast of socal to here.

8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    DH got out for a year and came back in. Didnt have to do basic again, but he lost a rank and had to pick a new job and start at the bottom again.
  9. Senior Member
    My dh was national guard nad got out for 2 years then went back in. He was going to lose rank, but he signed a waiver and they approved it for him to keep his rank. He did switch MOS, but he switched so something he wanted to do not what they made him do so he did have to go back to AIT, but not Basic. I know for his rank they only had 2 MOS options for him to choose from, but one of them just happened to be what he wanted to do so it worked out.
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009