Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PJs

1. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries

PJs

Advertisements
    so my boyfriend who leaves for boot camp oct 1 decided to change his career and be a PJ. scary!!! does anyone else have their loved one in this field and can they offer me advice?
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    What is that?
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

From wiki:
    Pararescuemen (AFSC 1T2X1), also called PJs (a nickname pronounced 'pee jays'), are United States Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) and Air Combat Command (ACC) operatives tasked with recovery and medical treatment of personnel in humanitarian and combat environments. They are the only members of the DoD specifically organized, trained and equipped to conduct personnel recovery operations in hostile or denied areas as a primary mission. PJs are also used to support NASA missions and have been used to recover astronauts after water landings. They wear the maroon beret, as a symbol of their elite status. Part of the little-known Air Force Special Tactics community and long an enlisted preserve, the pararescue service began commissioning Combat Rescue Officers (CROs) early in the 21st century.

These guys are bad ass...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    it's cliche but live, laugh, love.
    Blog Entries
    yep, and my boyfriend wants to do that. there are only 500 people out of the air force that are in this unit too.