Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Advise please....

1. Simplyusmcwife

Confused Advise please....

Advertisements
    Hey Everyone, I need a lil advise. I really shouldn't be talking about this but I need to get it out somehow.

Last week my DH worked a straight 5 days didn't come home and we are use to it he is a Drill Instructor they work long hours. The day he came home we were relaxing for about a good 3-4 hours when he gets a call from his Senior that one of the recruits has a bruise on his arm and made a statement that my husband gave it to him.

Well the day this recruit is saying this happend was on one of their beach hikes and the bruise didn't show up during there hygene check til 4 1/2 day later ( which to me is very odd). I don't know about you but I bruise up with in a few min to a day after I hurt myself by bumping into something. And not only that on that hike my DH was in the lead vehical not even with the recruites. Well I told my DH to contact his CoC for guidance cause this is something that can not only ruin his good name but career and rank.

He does so and was told to not worry about it that this recruit is probably just upset cause he is the one in their face alot when he trains them. Next thing you know alot of guys from his company are calling him and saying things to him about this is his job on the line, his rank is on the line and to just say he did it and this will all blow over. Well my husbands not going to do that, admit to something he hasn't done. Specially when he knows it is wrong and out of line. I don't even think he should.

I'm sure all of you know how our guys get @ time very by the book when it comes to their job and my DH is one of those. Anyways now my husband has had his cover and belt taken away isn't allowed to work just sits in a room all day and I don't think it is fair. I think this kid is lieing to cover up some silly mistake he made and doesn't care at what cost. Who knows he could have fell or walked into something. From what I understand it's about golfball size and looks like just a normal bruise. NOT finger marks or NOT even big enough to look like knuckle marks.

My thoughts are, what ever happend to believing in your Marines? What ever happend to innocent til proven guilty? Also if this kid can't take the training on the drill field and becomes a baby cause he is being corrected alot how will he be out there in the sand box? I'm sure not only us as spouses but our SO wouldn't want someone who is a liar and a sneak out there with them. I'm just scared / stressed and not sure what to do.. advise anyone?
    Last edited by Simplyusmcwife; 06-18-2008 at 03:46 PM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    On thing, you don't call. That is a big thing. He has to handle it. If you get invovled, that could hurt his career also.

As for the bruise, there will be an investigation and others will be talked to. It might go down to a he said/he said.

Take a deep breath and try to relax. It will all work out.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    On thing, you don't call. That is a big thing. He has to handle it. If you get invovled, that could hurt his career also.

As for the bruise, there will be an investigation and others will be talked to. It might go down to a he said/he said.

Take a deep breath and try to relax. It will all work out.
    and
    Situations like this are EXACTLY why my DH never wants to step foot on the drill field (not that recruiting duty was much better). Having an otherwise stellar career at risk of being derailed by an accusation (and heaven knows there are plenty of recruits who get so desperate they will say whatever they can think of to get out of bootcamp) is a very scary situation.
    Unfortunately, while they are still "innocent" until proven guilty (he hasn't been punished - just removed from direct training) the USMC also has to make VERY sure to cover all bases during the investigation. There have been some VERY UGLY black eyes given to the USMC by unscrupolous DIs in the past and, as a result, any accused DI will be removed from the possibility of further misconduct while the investigation proceeds (similar to police officers put on admin leave after any incident for the duration of the investigation). While YOU know your DH did nothing wrong the USMC has to proceed as though it could have happened. As long as your DH truly did nothing wrong the investigation will clear him.
  4. Simplyusmcwife
    Yea, I'm trying not to think about it just makes me anger @ this recruit. but your right just relax and let it work out. I hope it does. Worked too far and too long to get where he is @ and he really really loves his job. Id hate for it to be taken away from him. Anyways we'll see what happens thank you ladies.
  5. Senior Member
    Wow, I have no advice. I'm sorry you and your DH are going through this. The other girls are right, the USMC has to cover themselves. It's really sucky right now, but I sincerely hope the truth comes out .