Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DB is officially in BUD/S!

1. a sailor's girl

Jump for Joy DB is officially in BUD/S!

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! I haven't been on here forever...lots been going on with grad school and whatnot. Anyway...just wanted to announce that DB is now in Coronado for bud/s! I am so excited and I couldnt be more proud of him! Does anybody else have an SO going through bud/s or in Coronado right now?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My DH works with the classes that are going through. Pretty much sits on a boat and supervises swims and stuff.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    wow! good luck to both you and him! keep us updated on his progress as he completes phases! my fiance signed up and got accepted for bud/s and was all set to go before he decided to go to OCS instead. but he's still looking into the possibility of putting another package in!!! i'm curious to know what it's like to be the SO of someone going through bud/s! so please keep us updated!

4. Senior Member
    Congratulations to him. My friend's dh went through that program in 2005/2006 and I remember how strenuous it was for him. Good for your DB making it through!
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  5. a sailor's girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K View Post
    wow! good luck to both you and him! keep us updated on his progress as he completes phases! my fiance signed up and got accepted for bud/s and was all set to go before he decided to go to OCS instead. but he's still looking into the possibility of putting another package in!!! i'm curious to know what it's like to be the SO of someone going through bud/s! so please keep us updated!

I will definitely keep yall updated! I spoke to DB last night and he's doing well so far. He's still only in indoc right now. Phase one starts july 6 he thinks. He's so busy...i have to get used to not talking to him everyday again. When he was in Great Lakes after bootcamp I could talk to him every night but since he got to SD its been like 2 times a week. Oh well, it makes it that much more special when he does call!
  6. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Tell him Good Luck!! Dh is submitting a package in October! We should know something by November and hopefully be headed to Cali in December/January!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...