Advertisements
    Hubby is thinking about cross training
    What do your guys think about it?
    How long is tech school?
    And where is it at?
    He seems excited about it so I want to know more
  2. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    I'm guessing this is for the Air Force? If so, Intel tech. school is at Goodfellow in San Angelo, Texas. I believe it's 6 months long but i'm not totally positive.

My hubby is going Reserves next year and if he does, he'll be cross training into Intel.
  3. Senior Member
    oh thats good its in texas! my whole family is there. so even if I can't PCS there I can live with family for the time being, or just move close enough
  4. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittieb View Post
    oh thats good its in texas! my whole family is there. so even if I can't PCS there I can live with family for the time being, or just move close enough
    We're in Texas right now but at Fort Hood. When my hubby goes, we're thinking about renting out our house here in Killeen so my son and I can move to San Angelo to be with him. If we can't do that, I may just go home (Missouri) while he's there. I don't feel comfortable living alone in this town by myself for that long.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyToHunter View Post
    We're in Texas right now but at Fort Hood. When my hubby goes, we're thinking about renting out our house here in Killeen so my son and I can move to San Angelo to be with him. If we can't do that, I may just go home (Missouri) while he's there. I don't feel comfortable living alone in this town by myself for that long.
    well I'll talk to my husband about that I just know the military won't pay for our move.
    We're in hawaii now so it might be too expensive. Maybe once he reenlist in a year
  6. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    DH is Intel for the AF. He was at Goodfellow for about 8 months for tech training. The training itself was only 18 weeks, but he had to wait to get his security clearance. I ended up moving down there from Missouri b/c it was taking soo long.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    DH is Intel for the AF. He was at Goodfellow for about 8 months for tech training. The training itself was only 18 weeks, but he had to wait to get his security clearance. I ended up moving down there from Missouri b/c it was taking soo long.
    hubby already has his clearance so that should be no problem
    but thanks its nice knowing that it doesn't actually take that long
  8. Senior Member
    does your husband likes his job?
  9. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Where in Missouri were you?? I'm from Joplin and my hubby is from Springfield.

Mine already has his security clearance also so he just has to go through the training.
  10. My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    My Airman is kind of a big deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittieb View Post
    does your husband likes his job?
    Yep, It's been nights the whole time though. Much like working at a hospital, he's currently doing 7p-7a, but he gets sent home ALL the time. I bet he works an average of 2 days a week if that.
    He actually just finished all of his training last week, so he's excited to be certified finally.
    Also, his job is suppose to be an awesome job to have to transition into the civilian job field. Although I'm not sure how much truth there is in that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast