Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reserves question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question reserves question

Advertisements
    My ex fiance was in the Marines but has been out over 2 years now. He is 39 years old. He called me out of the clear blue this week to see how I was doing. He proceeded to tell me he missed the Marines so much he signed back up in the Marine Reserves. He stated he will be renewing his crew chief certification and will be back in helicopters.

Well, the maximum age for Marine Reserves is 29.... he is 39...... I questioned him about it and he said he was able to bypass that age requirement because he was in before and was in for over 10 years.

He has a major problem with lying and that is the reason we split so I want to call BS on this but what he said sounds legit.... Does anyone know? I have a feeling he is lying again....
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think you can sign back up if you have been in before.

But don't qoute me on that. I'm not too sure about the reserves. I do recall however that a few women on here have husbands who were in, took a break and then decided to rejoin. But I'm not sure how old they were and how long it had been since they left the military.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    I think you can sign back up if you have been in before.

But don't qoute me on that. I'm not too sure about the reserves. I do recall however that a few women on here have husbands who were in, took a break and then decided to rejoin. But I'm not sure how old they were and how long it had been since they left the military.
    I agree. I'm pretty sure you can bypass the age as well with a waiver if you've been in a certain amount before. I'm not 100% sure because I've dealt mostly with the Army so I don't know much about the Marines.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Darushka
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought after you got out, you spent 2 years as "inactive" with the option to rejoin after or during those 2 years. So maybe that's what he did.
  5. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    DH says it's possible. He has a guy in his unit that's almost 50. He says it's a case by case bases, as long as they can qualify (weight, PT, etc), it's possible.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Darushka View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought after you got out, you spent 2 years as "inactive" with the option to rejoin after or during those 2 years. So maybe that's what he did.
    I am not sure... I just know he said he enlisted in the reserves and had to go through a lot of crap to get back in.... He said he had to pull a lot of strings and get waivers..... as I was sitting here thinking about it... it was 3 years in May he as been out
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Darushka View Post
    I think you're right.

But Kimmie, I don't know if I would trust him b/c he is a pathological liar.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    I think you're right.

But Kimmie, I don't know if I would trust him b/c he is a pathological liar.
    and you guys do not know the half of it!!!! His told so many BIG lies that people are amazed at how fast his mind works and how he can tell another to cover and not miss a beat... it is bazaar
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AG2Wife View Post
    DH says it's possible. He has a guy in his unit that's almost 50. He says it's a case by case bases, as long as they can qualify (weight, PT, etc), it's possible.
    I"m off to look up how old General Petraeus is !!
    Wow..he is well over 50...56 to be exact.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    and you guys do not know the half of it!!!! His told so many BIG lies that people are amazed at how fast his mind works and how he can tell another to cover and not miss a beat... it is bazaar
    He sounds like a skeezeball.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast