Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Army ROTC

1. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"

Help Army ROTC

Advertisements
    soo im not sure where this should go haha but here we go anyways

so i was thinking of doing Army ROTC...but...im not suure...

does anyone have any like info on it or anything? or any stories about it?
    I got somethings on it today and saw a presentation but the girl talked about a mile a minute and i could nottt hear her so of course that didnt help and they said they were gonna be around to talk to but she took off!
    BUT! im not sure if id stay in the whole four years or just do two and atleast get the experience. Cuz if i stay in 3 or 4 years i have to have a couple of years of active service in the army but i would be a second lieutenant when i graduate.

and one of the pamphlets we got that has like ALLL the info in it...is in spanish....doesnt help me!..even tho my school is pushed up on the border i can understand but i still cant read that hahaha

But she was showing somethings like the water survival thing but i couldnt remember if that was one of the things you HAD to do or just something you COULD do with some of the other "labs"
    cuz me and water arent too good of friends sometimes haha

but i was wondering if anyone had some input on it!

thank you much!
  2. Senior Member
    I did a semester for Navy ROTC (but I left the college the following semester!) I loved it though! I met some great people that I still keep in contact with! I had tutors through our unit who would help me with my other classes... I learned a LOT about the navy (as far as history, rank, lingo...all that jazz) And we did PT so I was in shape. We had a drill team which was pretty fun!! I mean, it was a lot of hard work (waking up at 4 3 days a week...Plus our unit had to clean the stadium after every football game at USC...that sucked..) I would totally look into it! If you can get the scholarship- that's frickin' awesome!! Sorry I rambled!
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  3. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbear911 View Post
    I did a semester for Navy ROTC (but I left the college the following semester!) I loved it though! I met some great people that I still keep in contact with! I had tutors through our unit who would help me with my other classes... I learned a LOT about the navy (as far as history, rank, lingo...all that jazz) And we did PT so I was in shape. We had a drill team which was pretty fun!! I mean, it was a lot of hard work (waking up at 4 3 days a week...Plus our unit had to clean the stadium after every football game at USC...that sucked..) I would totally look into it! If you can get the scholarship- that's frickin' awesome!! Sorry I rambled!
    ahhh!!! thanks so much!! that seems like its very interesting. Yea, see nothing against the army AT ALL! cuz i love the army my dads retired army n i have huge respect for it..but i mean i also have all the other branches around me n i was kinda hoping to be able to join for a diff. branch. buut oo well it works out good im still kinda thinkin on it..im a little iffy hahah. but definitely seems interesting!
    and you didnt ramble! helped me!
    thank youu!!

4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    You should find the college you want to go to and go speak with their ROTC unit. They should be able to give a tour and fill you in on more information.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  5. Senior Member

i was in AF ROTC while in college. you can PM me questions if you want.
  6. Beltway Bandit
    Beltway Bandit
    Blog Entries
    DH was commissioned through Army ROTC. He started at the end of his sophomore year I think. I'd be happy to answer any questions!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    You should find the college you want to go to and go speak with their ROTC unit. They should be able to give a tour and fill you in on more information.

DH did Army ROTC in college, he liked it. I don't really know what more to say about it
  8. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    well i was at their presentation at my college yesterday and the girl said alottt but she talked SOOOO fast and they werent there like they said they were going to. but i was only here for a few days cuz i have to go back home for a little bit so im gonna look up more on the ROTC website and then contact them when i can.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekale View Post
    i was in AF ROTC while in college. you can PM me questions if you want.
    i will undoubtedly be doing so!!! I'll prbly PM you in a while..i gotta take a drive from Brownsville to Houston hahah so i wont be on the computer for a while!

9. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    DH was commissioned through Army ROTC. He started at the end of his sophomore year I think. I'd be happy to answer any questions!
    awesome!! I'll prbly PM you in a while, gotta take a drive up to Houston so ill have my computer in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Fidzy View Post

DH did Army ROTC in college, he liked it. I don't really know what more to say about it
    hey as long as it was liked!! hahaha

thank you!!