Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria's thread reminded me.. Pros and Cons...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Victoria's thread reminded me.. Pros and Cons...

Advertisements
    What are the Pros and Cons of going officer?
  2. Senior Member
    Money, lol! At least in the long run.
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Well becoming an officer for my dh is a huge debate right now in my house. When he was going in he was all for it. Then he changed his mind and enlisted. Now he is thinking its a huge mistake for several reasons. One, He said that he always wanted retire as an officer (the leadership). Two, the money. The best con for him and the reason he didnt do it in the first place was chosing his occupation. He has his degree in health care management and thats what he wants to do. Not knowing what his job is going to be was a bit much for him....

We were talking today and he said soon as we get to our first duty station, he is going to talk to someone so he can get is packet together.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I guess it would be the career path that you chose.

My dh was enlisted for 17 years prior to being commissioned. We've been on both sides of the fence. He's benefited from both sides. Everyone always talks about the money.....but for him is wasn't about the money, it was about the leadership abilities/possibilities and which direction he wanted his career to go in. He always wanted to be the Cheng....and he finally achieved his dream. That's what it's all about, for him, achieving the dream.

Perks for me? The parking spot!!! Drawbacks for me? He's always gone, cell phone turned on 24/7, and being the boss'es wife...no one ever wants to be my friend....

5. Senior Member
    Officers move around more/have shorter tours. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    I guess it would be the career path that you chose.

My dh was enlisted for 17 years prior to being commissioned. We've been on both sides of the fence. He's benefited from both sides. Everyone always talks about the money.....but for him is wasn't about the money, it was about the leadership abilities/possibilities and which direction he wanted his career to go in. He always wanted to be the Cheng....and he finally achieved his dream. That's what it's all about, for him, achieving the dream.

Perks for me? The parking spot!!! Drawbacks for me? He's always gone, cell phone turned on 24/7, and being the boss'es wife...no one ever wants to be my friend....

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I'll be your friend!! I can care less what your DH does.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundi View Post
    Officers move around more/have shorter tours. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    That's definitely true overseas. The officers my husband works with have a harder time ever extending orders or getting the 'extended long' orders. The enlisted who want to stay usually are able to easily extend the orders for another 1-3 years here. Officers usually aren't able. This is true for the area my husband works at least.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I'll be your friend!! I can care less what your DH does.
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!
  9. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by Laura48 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!
    I don't know how to "multi quote"...but thanks gals...made me smile!!
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    I don't know how to "multi quote"...but thanks gals...made me smile!!

Hehe!!!! Yay!!!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast