Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AF NCO Rollback

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question AF NCO Rollback

Advertisements
    Anyone know anything about it? Dh's shop is trying to do this. I'm confused.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    NO. Rollback as in reducing the number of NCO's?
    I know my DF's shop is top-heavy with NCO's and several more just tested and are likely to make it (him included).
    I really hope it's not something to allow fewer people to get Staff...? Maybe reassignment or something?
  3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by leiawen View Post
    NO. Rollback as in reducing the number of NCO's?
    I know my DF's shop is top-heavy with NCO's and several more just tested and are likely to make it (him included).
    I really hope it's not something to allow fewer people to get Staff...? Maybe reassignment or something?
    i think more along the lines of reassignement. he already just sewed on straff so we're not worried about that really. he's in the middle of cross training (his first school went dec-april and his second is sept-jan. But what little information I have I figured it to be where they keep you in the original job and not let you cross train. I have no idea.

Dh loved his previous job too so I guess it isn't all bad. Just a waste of time and money...not to mention 5 months of being apart for no reason! Cripes!

4. Senior Member
    Eek, that sucks... I don't think my DH's field has that issue so much with his rank, but I know they do for staff's too... Crossing fingers for ya'll.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    i think more along the lines of reassignement. he already just sewed on straff so we're not worried about that really. he's in the middle of cross training (his first school went dec-april and his second is sept-jan. But what little information I have I figured it to be where they keep you in the original job and not let you cross train. I have no idea.

Dh loved his previous job too so I guess it isn't all bad. Just a waste of time and money...not to mention 5 months of being apart for no reason! Cripes!
    Mmm, that kinda makes sense...DF said the retraining possibility for airmen in his MOS is pretty low right now because they are undermanned...so maybe it has something to do with the number of retraining applications they're gonna approve. I would imagine that since your DH is already in the process of retraining, though, that he wouldn't be affected? I know my DF is just worried that his retraining packet will get denied.

I wish I knew more about this, I kinda feel like I am talking out of my . Keep us posted if you hear what that's all about!
  6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by leiawen View Post
    Mmm, that kinda makes sense...DF said the retraining possibility for airmen in his MOS is pretty low right now because they are undermanned...so maybe it has something to do with the number of retraining applications they're gonna approve. I would imagine that since your DH is already in the process of retraining, though, that he wouldn't be affected? I know my DF is just worried that his retraining packet will get denied.

I wish I knew more about this, I kinda feel like I am talking out of my . Keep us posted if you hear what that's all about!
    will do! good luck to the both of us!

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Haven't heard of anything but my DH's shop is very understaffed. Plus, he is suppose to move to another shop. Yeah!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz