Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Nuke Pipeline question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Nuke Pipeline question

Advertisements
    My DF doesn't have a date for when he goes yet, but we both want to wait to have a wedding until my cousin gets home from Iraq. My cousin says they will release him for leave more than 100 miles away about a month after he gets back, so that means the earliest we can have our wedding is June 09.

BUT by that time DF will def. be in the pipeline. Will he be allowed breaks (2 weeks even?) between A School, Power School and ...the other one (can't remember the name right now) Each school is about 6 months, so I would assume they would get at least a 3 day weekend.

Is it just hopeless and we'll have to celebrate later, or can I actually pull something off?

2. Senior Member
    Robert always got breaks between schools and was able to take two weeks leave at least.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyS View Post
    Robert always got breaks between schools and was able to take two weeks leave at least.
    How far advance warning did you get before he'd get leave?

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissOHara View Post
    How far advance warning did you get before he'd get leave?
    I am not sure but I think they know for the most part since the schools are six months long and there are breaks in between. I could ask him though if you wanted exact amounts though each class could be different.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyS View Post
    I am not sure but I think they know for the most part since the schools are six months long and there are breaks in between. I could ask him though if you wanted exact amounts though each class could be different.
    Yeah. 6 months is such a round number it makes me nervous! I'm thinking "what if it's 6 months and a week! lol, I think bride-zilla is coming out!

I'm just frustrated about planning a wedding around two military guys I guess.

Do they know as soon as they get into a school (what the break intervals are gonna be), or is it different?

Also, is there a part of pipeline that is just so stressful it's better if I'm not there to distract him?

6. Senior Member
    Yeah. 6 months is such a round number it makes me nervous! I'm thinking "what if it's 6 months and a week! lol, I think bride-zilla is coming out!

I'm just frustrated about planning a wedding around two military guys I guess.

Do they know as soon as they get into a school (what the break intervals are gonna be), or is it different?

Also, is there a part of pipeline that is just so stressful it's better if I'm not there to distract him?

I am not sure if they know right away what their leave will be. Robert and I were merely dating at the time however I know that he bought plane tickets for me a couple months in advanced to fly out to see him.

He also said that the first school was difficult just trying to adjust and that the last school (prototype) was the most time consuming for him. However, I think it depends because my BIL had trouble in all three schools.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Are there times of the pipeline it's better that he's by himself? Also, any input on the planning would be greatly appreciated

8. Senior Member
    You also have to remember that MMs A-school is shorter than A-school fro EMs and ETs. You'll get a projected graduation date at the beginning of school. But things can always come up and change that. We had a very small wedding with just my mom and his dad there becuase it was too hard to try and plan something. Now that he is graduating Prototype at the end of this month and is going to be an instructor we are trying to actually plan a wedding for late summer or early fall.

It really is tough becuase they can't take any leave during their schooling unless it's an emergency (like the death of a close relative).
    Tina

Are there times of the pipeline it's better that he's by himself? Also, any input on the planning would be greatly appreciated
    hey there...i was dating my DH at the time of his pipeline and i can tell you that he has more free time during a-school and power school...my DH was an EM..i dont know about yours...i do know that i did take a week to go to him in NY for his prototype..but he was always gone during that week..they worked 12 hours on 12 hours off...so it was a bit stressful at least for him because he was working nights...

i dont think they have set dates until they know when theyre going to be graduating...or leaving their school..sorry that theres a time issue...you really dont know anything until you are handed something in writing..thats when you know :-)

best wishes and good luck to you!!

10. Senior Member
    I was in the nuke pipeline as was my now DH. Most people who planned a wedding got married between power school and prototype. When your DB gets classed up for A school, he should get a better idea of dates if nothing comes up. The amount of time between schools depends on when the next group classes up. Prototype is the most stressful school because you end up on rotating shift work ( this week days, next week mids, then nights). I would think he'd be happy to have someone to come home to after stressing at work all day. Not to mention that sex is good for relieving stress.