Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hometown Recruiting...anyone??

1. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96

hometown Recruiting...anyone??

Advertisements
    Well, my husband was thinking about doing hometown recruiting. Has anyone So's done this after training. Is it worth the extra 14 days of being home? What are your takes?

Thanks ladies.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  2. libbydc
    I had a bf in hs that was in the AF that did "recruiters assistant" after basic for a few weeks. I'm not aware of any Army program like this, but I'm sure it's similar. I think he enjoyed it, but he was eager to get to his duty station. We did like having the xtra time together.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    most stations will work it so they work a 'regular' schedule ie 8-5 or something like that. Some stations are really lax and may have him kinda show up and go home. Other stations may take a much harder route and he may wind up working really long hours. it kinda just depends. When dh gets hometown recruiters at his station he says they mainly answer phones go out with them to the mall and what not. Most of the time they are home by 5 sometimes even earlier.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    most stations will work it so they work a 'regular' schedule ie 8-5 or something like that. Some stations are really lax and may have him kinda show up and go home. Other stations may take a much harder route and he may wind up working really long hours. it kinda just depends. When dh gets hometown recruiters at his station he says they mainly answer phones go out with them to the mall and what not. Most of the time they are home by 5 sometimes even earlier.
    what she said
  5. Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    I heard you have to pay for your transportation home and back. Is this true?
    If not then it would totally be worth it.
    -Joni

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It was SO worth it for us! They only had him working maybe two hours a day, and then the last week all he had to do was come in with a list of names and numbers and he could leave right away. We got to spend so much time with my dad, and he died a month later. We didn't know he was going to die, obviously, but looking back I am SO glad he took the recruiting.

We did pay out of pocket for transport but it was the two weeks right before exodus so we were going home anyway
  7. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    You have to pay to get there and back out of pocket.

However, my DH did it recently, and it was well worth it. He did it in two different towns, his hometown, and the town he got recruited in. The town he got recruited in, he went in for about a day and a half, and had the rest of the week off (with ME!) and in Abilene, he checked in on a Monday morning, and didn't have to show back up at all!
  8. Senior Member
    home and back? Does my dh pay to come home and then go back to where he did AIT/ASI, Aberdeen Proving grounds/ Edgewood area? or does he go to his 1st duty station, Ft. Lewis, WA?

thanks
  9. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Thats the part that scares me is the long hours. I mean if he has to work long hours I would rather it be at his duty station. But the chance of having a real lax 14 days would be awesome. Do you think that he would be able to take his 10 day leave also?

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    It was SO worth it for us! They only had him working maybe two hours a day, and then the last week all he had to do was come in with a list of names and numbers and he could leave right away. We got to spend so much time with my dad, and he died a month later. We didn't know he was going to die, obviously, but looking back I am SO glad he took the recruiting.

We did pay out of pocket for transport but it was the two weeks right before exodus so we were going home anyway
    Sorry to hear about his dad.

Now as for transportation. He is only a few hours a way so that wouldn't be too bad for us. We are truly thinking about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by thekels9 View Post
    You have to pay to get there and back out of pocket.

However, my DH did it recently, and it was well worth it. He did it in two different towns, his hometown, and the town he got recruited in. The town he got recruited in, he went in for about a day and a half, and had the rest of the week off (with ME!) and in Abilene, he checked in on a Monday morning, and didn't have to show back up at all!
    Now that is wonderful!!!! I would love that...so would the kids.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  10. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. LA View Post
    home and back? Does my dh pay to come home and then go back to where he did AIT/ASI, Aberdeen Proving grounds/ Edgewood area? or does he go to his 1st duty station, Ft. Lewis, WA?

thanks
    You mean for hometown recruiting or period? But I know for general purposes, the first thing my dh platoon sgt. told his class is to save money because you will have to come out of pocket to get to your next duty station. They will get reimbursed but they better put money aside.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast